• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Order Form

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2019 Aug 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to redesign my clients website from Muse into Dreamweaver. I need some more information. My client wants customers to have the option to add products to a cart or order list and once this is done for that list to be emailed to their company email so their order can be fulfilled and shipped. My client doesn't need an online payment system or anything like that, just need a way for customers to add products to a list which at a click of a submit button can be sent to an email account in the office. How can I do this in Dreamweaver? PHP? Javascript? Do I need a third party plugin? Thanks!

[branched by moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at Simple PHP Shopping Cart - Phppot

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a warning.

If you are taking payments, (credit/debit card) via email, for online purchases from a web site in the EU, then from September what you are doing becomes illegal.

This is because you will be by-passing the 'strong' on-line payments procedure that banks and credit companies must implement by law. Not going through a payment gateway, (or your own authorised payment procedure) for any transactions on-line, invalidates not just your clients insurance, in the event of credit/debit card misuse, (by anyone) but also makes the developer partly responsible for implementing such.

For more info follow the link in -

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2640722

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have Look For Solution In Hindi Computer Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"My client wants customers to have the option to add products to a cart or order list and once this is done for that list to be emailed to their company email so their order can be fulfilled and shipped."

I agree with Paula.  Protecting user data is your #1 responsibility.  All personal data must be safeguarded.  If a merchant tries to side step the laws by not using a proper PCI compliant shopping cart, it's your job to educate them or politely walk away from the project.   You cannot afford to be negligent.

All reputable shopping carts send an e-mail to the merchant when customer places an online order and payment is processed.  However the data is encrypted and sent over a secure connection.  And merchant never sees the credit/bank card numbers.  That's for everyone's protection.

Start with the client's merchant bank account.  Whichever online payment processor you use, it must be compatible with the merchant's bank otherwise your client won't get paid.  If client has no merchant bank account, use PayPal. 

You will need to re-build the site with modern, web standards compliant code anyway.  So get rid of the old site.  Use what you created in Muse as a prototype for the new website. 

If you've never built an e-commerce site before, this will be a thrilling new experience for you.  Take it seriously and try to learn as much as you can from it.  Start by familiarizing yourself with the PCI Compliance Guidelines below.

https://www.pcicomplianceguide.org/faq/

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines