Highlighted

Pack a site?

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As you can pack all files linked to a document in InDesign or Photoshop for instance, I wonder if you can pack all linked files in reference from the index file in the site?

Question is because I have files "spreaded" in various folders and would like to structure and collect them in an easy way, and then I thought if you could pack the files.

Best regards,
Micke

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pack a site?

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As you can pack all files linked to a document in InDesign or Photoshop for instance, I wonder if you can pack all linked files in reference from the index file in the site?

Question is because I have files "spreaded" in various folders and would like to structure and collect them in an easy way, and then I thought if you could pack the files.

Best regards,
Micke

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Dreamweaver has no such capability because it's entirely up to you how you want to organize your site files.  Ideally you should have one local site folder on your hard drive that contains ALL your project HTML pages and assets (images, fonts, media, scripts and CSS files.)  See screenshot below of my DW Files Panel where my local site folder is called MyTestSite.

Files Panel (F8), Local site rootFiles Panel (F8), Local site root

If you decide to move things around, be sure to do it from DW's Files Panel.  Otherwise links to assets will be broken and your site won't work.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2020 2