Highlighted

Page created from Dreamweaver template is not picking up CSS formatting

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am using a free web design from Templatemo. When I create a template of my own using this design (with all their formating, bootstrap, CSS etc..), the template seems fine. A preview of the template looks great. However, when I then create a new page using that template, it has lost all the CSS formating (spacing, fonts, colors etc). The "live" view on Dreamweaver shows only the HTML coded text, while a preview on a web browser brings up the error message "Save all the files (including related files) to preview.". Please Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Page created from Dreamweaver template is not picking up CSS formatting

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am using a free web design from Templatemo. When I create a template of my own using this design (with all their formating, bootstrap, CSS etc..), the template seems fine. A preview of the template looks great. However, when I then create a new page using that template, it has lost all the CSS formating (spacing, fonts, colors etc). The "live" view on Dreamweaver shows only the HTML coded text, while a preview on a web browser brings up the error message "Save all the files (including related files) to preview.". Please Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer lies hidden inside the code, code that we, at this moment, are not privy to.

The best way for us to help you is to give us a link to your online site. If this is not possible, paste the code of the template here.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you spawn a child page from a DW Template (File > New > Site Templates > Create), you must save the child document before you can preview it.  Did you save the file to your local site folder yet?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2020 0