• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page navigation on local server

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! I am having trouble navigating throughout my pages when working locally. I don't own a domain or remote server yet so I was wondering if I could use my links to navigate through different html files like that. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Great thanks so much! I just realized that I had placed the <a href> </a> in the wrong place so that's why it wouldn't work!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly sure what you mean but by having trouble navigation 'throughout' my pages??

Links are just links, which connect your pages:

<a href="about.html">About</a>

<a href="products.html">Products</a>

<a href="contact.html">Contact</a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there thanks! I think I found it here: How to link files, documents, or specific elements within or across your web pages in Dreamweaver.

I just wanted to test my links in Dreamweaver which apparently you can do by Right-clicking on the link and selecting Open Linked Page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean you can't click links within Live View, you could change your preferences so DW follows links.

Go to View > Live View Options > Follow Links Continually

It's generally better to use the Open in Browser function if you want to verify your navigation though.

Right click the document name in the Files window and choose Open in Browser (the old Preview in Browser) to open your page in one of your local browsers. That will allow you to move through your site as designed, it will also give you the most accurate representation of your pages during development.

If you're having issues with something else, you'll need to be a little more specific about what's happening and how it differs from what you expect to happen, or what you want to have happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great thanks so much! I just realized that I had placed the <a href> </a> in the wrong place so that's why it wouldn't work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines