• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page not displaying as responsive

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just a begginer when it comes to coding and this is my first real site made with Dreamweaver. The home page went weel and it is perfectly working, but the first internal page is getting fit by its height in mobile devices, browser widths lower than 1024px.

Does somebody has any idea what the problem could be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

I have just figured the problem out: it was in the "viewport" meta tag, in the home page I used it like this <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width"> and it worked just fine. I saved this page as and built the second page up on it, but this time I got the problem with the page displaying wrongly in mobile devices (tablets included). I have tried an additional attribute to the tag: <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

I made a research and one of the page

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share a link to your work in progress so we can take a look in our browsers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just figured the problem out: it was in the "viewport" meta tag, in the home page I used it like this <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width"> and it worked just fine. I saved this page as and built the second page up on it, but this time I got the problem with the page displaying wrongly in mobile devices (tablets included). I have tried an additional attribute to the tag: <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

I made a research and one of the pages of Mozilla, has gave me the answer, which consists in adding another attribute, like this: <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, user-scalable=no, initial-scale=1"> and that worked!

You will find more information about this here: https://developer.mozilla.org/pt-BR/docs/Mozilla/Mobile/Viewport_meta_tag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The user-scalable=no attribute is now depreciated in iOS and the newer android devices, (though not all).

They now ignore the attribute and allow the end user to scale by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who do not understand Portuguese, here is the English version

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a problem, eWitamar.  I clicked the link and got the Brazilian version, and just thought I'd be helpful providing the English version.  No worries, mate.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines