Highlighted

Pasting text randomly, not where my cursor is

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like Dreamweaver is just randomly pasting text into my code. Html tags are "pasted" into with fragments of text.This is happening with CC 18.0, build 10136.

This has been going on a very long time. Haroldntx and Jules1587746 in the following thread were having the same problems. The thread is a year old!!!

Dreamweaver CC 2017 - what a mess!

WTH is going on? Has this got something to do with split view?

CC Master suite subscription is WAY too expensive to not have cut and paste functionality.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pasting text randomly, not where my cursor is

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like Dreamweaver is just randomly pasting text into my code. Html tags are "pasted" into with fragments of text.This is happening with CC 18.0, build 10136.

This has been going on a very long time. Haroldntx and Jules1587746 in the following thread were having the same problems. The thread is a year old!!!

Dreamweaver CC 2017 - what a mess!

WTH is going on? Has this got something to do with split view?

CC Master suite subscription is WAY too expensive to not have cut and paste functionality.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 04, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Suite is no more.

Creative Cloud 2018 is the very latest release --  not the same as 2017.  That said, I reverted back to 2017 about an hour ago because 2018 was giving me too many problems.  However, Copy & Paste was not one of them.   If you're having trouble in Code view, I recommend you do the same.  

And if you didn't preserve your previous version(s), you'll find them in your Creative Cloud Desktop app by clicking on OTHER VERSIONS.

CC-DesktopApp.jpg

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2017 0
Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to be able to replicate the problem. Is it possible to give us step by step screen shots or a full description of what you are doing? Also please give us the O/S and version.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2017 0
Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add one more thing to what Ben said, are you working with error free code?

CC-error-indicators.jpg

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 04, 2017 0