• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Personal Attacks are allowed only by ACPs, so it seems??

LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hilarious

So whilst Im accused of a personal attack its very OK for an ACP to make personal attacks:

'So it's like talking to a brick wall' - I presume that remark posted by Nancy O was addressed at me.

'calling someone an amatuer', 'or calling someone a brick wall' - what's the difference do please tell. Please show yourself and explain if you dont want to look too silly.

The slience is deafening

Incidentally, I was called a brick wall first.

Just thought I would clarify that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion, brick walls are solid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was I that removed the personal abuse.

If you want to debate the matter, then please come with facts, namely

nobody was called a brick wall

it is an expression often used in the English language to describe someone who cannot share opinions because of their different backgrounds.

But a derogatory term was directly aimed at a named person, hence its removal.​

PS: FYI, I changed the nature of this post from a question to a remark

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BenPleysier  wrote

It was I that removed the personal abuse.

If you want to debate the matter, then please come with facts, namely

nobody was called a brick wall

it is an expression often used in the English language to describe someone who cannot share opinions because of their different backgrounds.

But a derogatory term was directly aimed at a named person, hence its removal.

PS: FYI, I changed the nature of this post from a question to a remark

I knew it was you Ben, I just didnt want to expose you. You've done that yourself.....so thanks for that.

Where I come from if you use the expression. 'Its like talking to a brick wall' that is regarded as an insult, so perhaps you're not best positioned to make a judgement call because you live in a different geographical area or have completely misread the way it was written,

Just to clarifythe use of the term - 'Their judgement is as solid as a brick wall' that would be a compliment.

If you use the term 'Its like talking to a brick wall' that is a reference to 'I might as well be talking to a brick wall' which is an insult.

Hope that's all clear now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, I have no reason to hide. Your so-called 'exposure' is purely imaginative especially because at that stage there was no tangible evidence that it was me. Please keep the thanks for yourself as I will not accept it.

According to your own admissions, you do not use Dreamweaver at all, let alone Dreamweaver CC; you are only here to 'help' people that are here with scripting problems.Thus talking about Dreamweaver CC to you is like talking to a brick wall. there are no two interpretations regardless of geographical or cultural differences. This does not mean that you are a brick wall.

On the other hand, adding a name to an insult makes it personal and, once again, that is why your comment was removed.

As far as I am concerned, this topic is now closed.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BenPleysier  wrote

Just to be clear, I have no reason to hide. Your so-called 'exposure' is purely imaginative especially because at that stage there was no tangible evidence that it was me. Please keep the thanks for yourself as I will not accept it.

You should be ashamed of yourself for being 'so personal' the very thing you are berating me for.

Its like looking through a glass mirror when you're concerned Ben, you're so predictable given our back-history.....it could have only been you.

BenPleysier  wrote

According to your own admissions, you do not use Dreamweaver at all, let alone Dreamweaver CC; you are only here to 'help' people that are here with scripting problems.Thus talking about Dreamweaver CC to you is like talking to a brick wall. there are no two interpretations regardless of geographical or cultural differences. This does not mean that you are a brick wall.

Accordng to your own addmission you also no longer use DW but have jumped over to a competitor product so you are no longer even fit to be an ACP, in my opinion, because you are not representing Adobe CC with a genuine interest at heart. If I were Adobe Id have swiped that ACP back off of you by now, not only for making bad decisons in the forum, but for being a traitor.

As an aside note we were not even discussing Deramweaer CC, that is a figment of your imagination, but the subscription software model. Keep believing about the terminology used, you might even convince yourself one day.

BenPleysier wrote

On the other hand, adding a name to an insult makes it personal and, once again, that is why your comment was removed.

There was no name added, just a reference, much like I was referered to as brick wall by an ACP who should know better than to start initiating insults and then a colleague become upset for them when they get one back. Im sure they would just have brush it off like  a fly.......its only you who have blown everything up out of proportion again as you normally do, because we dislike each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure as to what is the right thing to say here, but I do hope that everyone has had their say, and I can safely lock this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Preran  wrote

I am not sure as to what is the right thing to say here, but I do hope that everyone has had their say, and I can safely lock this post.

I've finished. I dont care if people want to insult me, I can take it, but expect to get a little bit back. What concerns me is the obvious bad-relationship that I have with an ACP and their decision making, where my posts are concerned, is based purely on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines