Highlighted

Photoshop to Dreamweaver

New Here ,
May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All.  I used to design website back in the Macromedia days and stopped  several years ago.  I am learning now about responsive design and all that entails.  Lots! LOL.

Anyway, I am now learning the basics of Photoshop and then onto using it to create website mockups to use in Dreamweaver/Bootstrap. I used Photoshop 7 years ago with InDesign to create my Dad's pictorial book on Brazil so I have a some familiarity with it. I am using Lynda.com and Pluralsight for online video courses that I find helpful.  In a beginner course about using Bootstrap in Dreamweaver the guy is using PS to import his website mockup.  So, do you think I am on the right learning track by stopping and switching for a while to Photoshop?

Thanks.  Nancy G.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by BenPleysier | Adobe Community Professional

This will give you an idea of how Photoshop files can be used in Dreamweaver How to extract assets from PSD files into Dreamweaver web pages

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Photoshop to Dreamweaver

New Here ,
May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All.  I used to design website back in the Macromedia days and stopped  several years ago.  I am learning now about responsive design and all that entails.  Lots! LOL.

Anyway, I am now learning the basics of Photoshop and then onto using it to create website mockups to use in Dreamweaver/Bootstrap. I used Photoshop 7 years ago with InDesign to create my Dad's pictorial book on Brazil so I have a some familiarity with it. I am using Lynda.com and Pluralsight for online video courses that I find helpful.  In a beginner course about using Bootstrap in Dreamweaver the guy is using PS to import his website mockup.  So, do you think I am on the right learning track by stopping and switching for a while to Photoshop?

Thanks.  Nancy G.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by BenPleysier | Adobe Community Professional

This will give you an idea of how Photoshop files can be used in Dreamweaver How to extract assets from PSD files into Dreamweaver web pages

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 11, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2018 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Visual comps can be created in any graphics app you like -- Photoshop, Adobe XD or Illustrator, etc...   But ultimately, you have to recreate them in HTML and CSS code.

Photoshop is terrific for making web images but I do not recommend using it to generate HTML code except for quick mock ups.  Photoshop generated HTML code is not fit for real web sites.  

Avoid using legacy Save for Web as it isn't on par with the newer Export > Export As feature which can help you generate Retina-ready images in 1x, 2x or 3x  sizes.  See screenshot.

PS-export2x.jpg

The Extract from Photoshop feature which Ben pointed to will only generate your image assets and CSS.  It won't create the HTML code which is a good thing.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2018 1
New Here ,
May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy.  I read your posts a lot. So I will just use photoshop to make graphics like I always used to. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2018 0