Highlighted

PHP File Not Being Discovered After Saving And Discover Resource Link Clicked

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have defined a site (testing server) that I am using with Wamp64 with Win 10 Pro (with latest updates). And I have been using a couple of PHP files that I have in the same root folder as I have two other PHP files that are working great with DW build 10165. And one HTML file that captures the form data to send to register_add.php. I am having issues though after clicking Discover after making changes and saving to the orders.php file using DW.

I used this post to set up my testing server correctly according to this response I received when posting this question to the DW Community Forum: Having Trouble With Defining a Local Site With a Testing Server

Here are the links to the other files that I have been working with that might be relevant to this issue:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Here's a link to the snippet that I took of the Discover Resource thing that keeps on trying to discover the resources about 3 minutes and then it stops and tells me to retry it:

Here's the link to a snippet of the file structure that I set up locally with the orders.php file in it:

Here's the file (orders.php) I have been working with:

<?php

// declared order variable

$handler = 0;

$outputstring = $date."\t".$fname." ".$lname." ".$tickets." ".$total;

// set up error message in case the event_orders.txt tried to be opened at once

@$handler = fopen('event_orders.txt', 'r');

if (!$handler)

{

echo "<p><strong>No orders pending. Please try again later.</strong></p>";

exit;

}

?>

<!doctype html>

<html>

<head>

<meta charset="utf-8">

<title>Event Registration Orders</title>

<link href="assets/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

<link href="assets/styles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

</head>

<body>

<div class="row">

<div class="col-md-8 col-md-offset-2">

<p><a href="register.html">Order Now</a> | <a href="orders.php">View All Orders</a></p>

<h2>List of all orders for this event</h2>

<hr/>

table class="table table-striped table-hover">

<thead>

<tr>

<th>Date</th>

<th>Event Participant</th>

<th>Email</th>

<th>Tickets</th>

<th>Total</th>

</tr>

</thead>

<tbody>

<tr>

<?php

while (!feof($handler))

fwrite($handler, "<tr><thead>><th>$date</th><th>$fname</th><th>$lname</th><th>$tickets</th><th>$total</th></thead></tr");

fclose($handler);

?>

</tr>

</tr>

</tbody>

<tbody>

</tbody>

</table>

</div>

</div>

</body>

</html>

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

My Local Site is inside wamp server's default web folder.  See screenshot.  So there is nothing to PUSH to server.  It's automatic when file is saved.  

CC-testingServer1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PHP File Not Being Discovered After Saving And Discover Resource Link Clicked

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have defined a site (testing server) that I am using with Wamp64 with Win 10 Pro (with latest updates). And I have been using a couple of PHP files that I have in the same root folder as I have two other PHP files that are working great with DW build 10165. And one HTML file that captures the form data to send to register_add.php. I am having issues though after clicking Discover after making changes and saving to the orders.php file using DW.

I used this post to set up my testing server correctly according to this response I received when posting this question to the DW Community Forum: Having Trouble With Defining a Local Site With a Testing Server

Here are the links to the other files that I have been working with that might be relevant to this issue:

Here's a link to the snippet that I took of the Discover Resource thing that keeps on trying to discover the resources about 3 minutes and then it stops and tells me to retry it:

Here's the link to a snippet of the file structure that I set up locally with the orders.php file in it:

Here's the file (orders.php) I have been working with:

<?php

// declared order variable

$handler = 0;

$outputstring = $date."\t".$fname." ".$lname." ".$tickets." ".$total;

// set up error message in case the event_orders.txt tried to be opened at once

@$handler = fopen('event_orders.txt', 'r');

if (!$handler)

{

echo "<p><strong>No orders pending. Please try again later.</strong></p>";

exit;

}

?>

<!doctype html>

<html>

<head>

<meta charset="utf-8">

<title>Event Registration Orders</title>

<link href="assets/bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

<link href="assets/styles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

</head>

<body>

<div class="row">

<div class="col-md-8 col-md-offset-2">

<p><a href="register.html">Order Now</a> | <a href="orders.php">View All Orders</a></p>

<h2>List of all orders for this event</h2>

<hr/>

table class="table table-striped table-hover">

<thead>

<tr>

<th>Date</th>

<th>Event Participant</th>

<th>Email</th>

<th>Tickets</th>

<th>Total</th>

</tr>

</thead>

<tbody>

<tr>

<?php

while (!feof($handler))

fwrite($handler, "<tr><thead>><th>$date</th><th>$fname</th><th>$lname</th><th>$tickets</th><th>$total</th></thead></tr");

fclose($handler);

?>

</tr>

</tr>

</tbody>

<tbody>

</tbody>

</table>

</div>

</div>

</body>

</html>

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

My Local Site is inside wamp server's default web folder.  See screenshot.  So there is nothing to PUSH to server.  It's automatic when file is saved.  

CC-testingServer1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 24, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC-testingServer1.jpg

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2018 1
kim4fsu LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Nancy OShea!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I don't have to worry about clicking Discover | Preferences because that the page might have dynamically-related files that can only be discovered by the server?

How can I get the Discover to work anyway? And would I ever need to use Preferences with php files? If so, in what instances?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2018 0