Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

php

Enthusiast ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Clicking the top-right icon on my website (https://gihand.xyz), there is “Contact Me”-contact.php.

On “iPhone”, I filled in the fields on Chrome and Safari.

The “sent” message appeared.

But it didn’t come to my inbox.

It works with “gmail” only.

I checked it on “laptop” with Chrome and Edge.

Everything is fine.

I can’t find out the reason.

Hosun Kang

IMG_1542.PNGIMG_1543.PNG

TOPICS
Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Ok well its most likely that yahoo checks to see where the mail is coming from and treats it as spam and rejects it if you dont follow their designated approach.

Some also report having issues with gmail as well after they tightened up their spam procedure some years ago and is why l never bother much with these 3rd party email providers. Its always better to deploy your own dedicated email address/server.

Its obviously difficult if your host makes no provision for you to do so or you prefer to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what you're doing.  You've got a contact form below with a form action that goes to contact.php (same file)  Isn't that just an endless loop?   Ideally, your PHP and HTML code should be in the same document, yes? 

https://gihand.xyz/contact.php

Can you post the PHP code which we can't see?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Is this what you want?

https://determined-austin-b5c864.netlify.com/

My issue is; email addresses other than gmail don't work on Contact Form (on iPhone).

Hosun Kang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see any reason why the iphone would handle the php form code any differently to your laptop. Maybe check to see if the email is going into your spam folder on iphone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I've just found out; 

- It's not about iPhone and laptop.

- When I put in gmail and hotmail, the form works. But not with yahoo mail.

Just curious.

I think it's not a serious problem.

Hosun Kang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok well its most likely that yahoo checks to see where the mail is coming from and treats it as spam and rejects it if you dont follow their designated approach.

Some also report having issues with gmail as well after they tightened up their spam procedure some years ago and is why l never bother much with these 3rd party email providers. Its always better to deploy your own dedicated email address/server.

Its obviously difficult if your host makes no provision for you to do so or you prefer to use one of these 3rd party suppliers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you very much for your info.

I just want to check if my understanding is correct.

My hosting service provides an email, for example, ***@gihand.com with incoming and outgoing server.

If I put it in php, as seen in the screenshot, can I get around a problem?

or

Visitors to my website should put their own dedicated email address in Contact Form?

Hosun Kang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your host supplies a 'dedicated' email/mail-server, for instance as you have written ***@gihand.com then use that as the 'recipient' of the information which is sent from the php form, rather than using a 3rd party email provider like yahoo, gmail, aol etc. In my experience yahoo, gmail etc can prove problematical at times to get anything sent to them form a website form. Personally I have not  experienced issues myself but if I have access to a dedicated email/server address  I use that instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you very much for you help.

Now, everything is OK.

Hosun Kang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yahoo filters are probably set too high and blocking mail from your server.  Or mail is going directly to the spam or trash folder.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines