Highlighted

Please help with web form / contact form

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am a complete novice at this.

I have worked out how to make a very simple form and for now have placed it at RailHope International  as a draft and a starting point.

I know the issue will be 'not having a php script' or something along those lines. But how do I get from here to a functioning web form? I have tried looking at tutorials, but have given up as the last on I looked at and followed, it got all the way to the end then said 'now you have created your contact form, but of course it won't work'. I could have thrown the computer out the window!

Thank you for your time in reading this, I hope someone will be kind enough to help.

William

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Start with your web hosting provider.  Find out which form-to-email scripts they recommend.  If they don't have one you can use, ask them if the PHP mail () function is enabled on your server.  If it is enabled, the tutorial Ben posted should work for you.  If it's not enabled, you'll have to find another type of script that supports SMTP authentication.   Or if you don't want to deal with any of this, use a 3rd party form service like Wufoo.com.  All the form processing is carried out on their servers, not yours.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Please help with web form / contact form

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am a complete novice at this.

I have worked out how to make a very simple form and for now have placed it at RailHope International  as a draft and a starting point.

I know the issue will be 'not having a php script' or something along those lines. But how do I get from here to a functioning web form? I have tried looking at tutorials, but have given up as the last on I looked at and followed, it got all the way to the end then said 'now you have created your contact form, but of course it won't work'. I could have thrown the computer out the window!

Thank you for your time in reading this, I hope someone will be kind enough to help.

William

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Start with your web hosting provider.  Find out which form-to-email scripts they recommend.  If they don't have one you can use, ask them if the PHP mail () function is enabled on your server.  If it is enabled, the tutorial Ben posted should work for you.  If it's not enabled, you'll have to find another type of script that supports SMTP authentication.   Or if you don't want to deal with any of this, use a 3rd party form service like Wufoo.com.  All the form processing is carried out on their servers, not yours.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 10, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although built with an old version of Bootstrap, this tutorial, by Nancy OShea, will give you an impression of hat is required

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben,

Please tell me where I can find the tutorial you mentioned. The link in your post takes me to Nancy's page, but I can't find any tutorials there. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2019 0
Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 12, 2019 1
Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

They recomend PHP and pointed me to https://php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php  for help.

I am sure for folks that have more understaning than I do it would be understandable.

In Dreamweaver I can not work out how to add the PHP, I have tried to follow your instructions.

In the old CS3 version I could work that out, but it has been several years since I used CS3. The new CC I can't work out, it just is not straight forward.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2019 0
Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To use PHP scripts, your contact page will need to be savedAs contact.php not .html

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2019 0