• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Portofolio Site Editing

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if you can import/export your adobe portfolio web site into Dreamweaver to edit?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Yes, I do know.  And the answer is NO.  We do not have access to any Portfolio files.  There's nothing to download and thus nothing to edit in DW.   Portfolio is a basic DIY website builder.   Pick a Layout Theme from 12 choices.  Upload some images, add some text and hit the Publish button.  That's pretty much it.   

https://portfolio.adobe.com/

Portfolio Help Center & FAQ

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do know.  And the answer is NO.  We do not have access to any Portfolio files.  There's nothing to download and thus nothing to edit in DW.   Portfolio is a basic DIY website builder.   Pick a Layout Theme from 12 choices.  Upload some images, add some text and hit the Publish button.  That's pretty much it.   

https://portfolio.adobe.com/

Portfolio Help Center & FAQ

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for information on this same topic. I understand the answer given here is a straightforward NO, but please bear with me as I ask again: Isn't it theoretically possible to copy the code from a Portfolio website using a browser's developer features, then paste that code into Dreamweaver?.

I created my current website with Portfolio and am happy with it.  I'm a photographer and Portfolio's integration with Lightroom allows me to easily make changes to my galleries in Lightroom's collections and update them in Portfolio in an instant. That feature is so useful to me that I'm willing to live with the limited template options Portfolio offers.

I also arranged for my hosting provider to change DNS servers, so my Adobe Portfolio website appears in my own domain (ivangabaldon.com), without the "portfolio" part of the web address.

When I setup Dreamweaver to access my ftp account, files that make up my Portfolio website are of course not there, since they're hosted in Adobe's servers. I would love to be able to: 1) Copy code from my Portfolio site; 2) Paste that code into Dreamweaver; 3) If needed, complete my website in Dreamweaver with any graphic files that may not have been downloaded with the code (not sure if they would download or not); 4) Upload full website with code and files from Dreamweaver to my own server.

Doing the above would give me peace of mind, as I would have a complete backup of my site in my own server and would not be totally dependent on the Adobe Portfolio service to keep my business online in the future (for instance, should Adobe decide to discontinue the Portfolio service at some point).

Seems reasonable, doesn't it?  ðŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try it yourself and see what happens.  You will find that nothing works because you don't have the server-side technology to make it work.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To add weight to what Nancy has explained, Adobe have their own server side technology to make the site work. This is proprietory software and cannot be replicated anywhere else.

If you want to have a flexible Portfolio that can be hosted anywhere, it is best to shy away from the Adobe Portfolio.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines