Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

positioning multiple images on a web page

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to position multiple pictures on a web page.  I was able to position in html, but think I should be using CSS.  Can anyone tell me the best way to do this using CSS?  Here is my photoshop template:  PHotographs puzzle.jpg  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Looks like a Masonry style grid to me.  I did something similar with Bootstrap and CSS Flexbox below.  You would need to change the body background color and add some additional white space between images.  View source to see the code.

Alt-Web Demo :: Responsive Masonry Gallery

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a Masonry style grid to me.  I did something similar with Bootstrap and CSS Flexbox below.  You would need to change the body background color and add some additional white space between images.  View source to see the code.

Alt-Web Demo :: Responsive Masonry Gallery

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True masonry grids are impossible to do with CSS. There are a number of hacks, but they all eventually fall short. That's not to mention the obvious usability issues if your visitors happen to be humans, who tend to read from left to right

Here are some ways you can "grid up" mixed ratio images without the bloat of Bootstrap plus jQuery, using Dreamweaver extensions:

Flex Grid Magic:

FGM - MBX

Harmony mixed structure:

Gadzooks 08

Harmony mixed grid:

PVII Harmonium 06

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines