Highlighted

possible to download someone else's site into Dreamweaver?

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been told that a particular link has shown up on a web app scan for a website.  We are searching pages in the site for that link. 

Doing "view page source" and searching on some random individual pages within the site have been unable to find the link so far.

I was wondering if it is possible to download the entire site into Dreamweaver and having Dreamweaver search the site.  I assume that this is not possible and the only way to do it would be if you have login credentials for the account on the web server for that site?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

You want to download someone else's website to search it with DW?

Yeah, that won't work. You need the FTP credentials to take advantage of DW's Get functionality. But there are website download browser add-ons, like Scrapbook Plus, that will allow you to download an entire site, you could then search that however you like.

Have you tried a site search using Google?

Adding "site: www.thesite.com" (without quotes) followed by your search terms is generally pretty effective.

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

possible to download someone else's site into Dreamweaver?

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been told that a particular link has shown up on a web app scan for a website.  We are searching pages in the site for that link. 

Doing "view page source" and searching on some random individual pages within the site have been unable to find the link so far.

I was wondering if it is possible to download the entire site into Dreamweaver and having Dreamweaver search the site.  I assume that this is not possible and the only way to do it would be if you have login credentials for the account on the web server for that site?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

Yeah, that won't work. You need the FTP credentials to take advantage of DW's Get functionality. But there are website download browser add-ons, like Scrapbook Plus, that will allow you to download an entire site, you could then search that however you like.

Adding "site: www.thesite.com" (without quotes) followed by your search terms is generally pretty effective.

Views

Translate

Translate

Mar 28, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Mar 28, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not desire to download someone else's website to search it in DW!

Translate

Translate

Nov 05, 2019 0
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite sure why you've revived an answered thread from March of 2018.

If you have questions about DW, start a new thread here by clicking the Post to Community button on the top right when you are logged in. 

I will be locking this thread to avoid further confusion.

Translate

Translate

Nov 05, 2019 1
Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which web app were you using that detected the alleged link.  And for what purpose was it being used?  That might shed some light on why you can't see it in source code.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Mar 28, 2018 1
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Translate

Translate