Highlighted

Preview of pages in a browser broken…

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a crash/lockup on my 6.1 mac pro the other day and since then I can no longer privew my pages in Safari or Chrome. I have reinstalled them / removed them etc. That is not helping. Restarted and such. A "choice" of browsers is now empty? Anyone seen this one before? I have removed and reinstalled DW to no effect as well.

TOPICS
Browser, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Preview of pages in a browser broken…

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a crash/lockup on my 6.1 mac pro the other day and since then I can no longer privew my pages in Safari or Chrome. I have reinstalled them / removed them etc. That is not helping. Restarted and such. A "choice" of browsers is now empty? Anyone seen this one before? I have removed and reinstalled DW to no effect as well.

TOPICS
Browser, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing I would recommend is going to this kb article ( https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshoot-javascript-errors-dreamweaver-cs6-cc.html ) and following the steps to delete the filecache and user config folder.

If you are still experiencing errors, try logging in as another user on the computer and try the same action in DW.  If the error is not present on the new user account then it is possible your Mac user account became corrupted in the crash in which case you will eventually need to migrate to a new user account.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Preferences >  Real-Time Preview, did you click the EDIT button to re-populate the browser list with Safari, Chrome, etc?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 1