Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem about dreamwaver remote server

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i face a problem in dreamwaver remote server

i follow the step from web for the remote server,when i upload my html file to web

it came out the directory listing ,how can i do for only preview the html file and not the directory listing

please help me, thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

If you are getting a directory listing on your server when you go to your website's domain name (www.yoursite.com), it usually means you have not used one of the server default home page names for your site's main page so the server doesn't know which page to give you.

Change your home page's file name to "index" with whatever extension you're currently using...

index.html

index.php
index.shtml

etc

If you change the name of the page from the Files window in DW, and you have a site properly defined in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are getting a directory listing on your server when you go to your website's domain name (www.yoursite.com), it usually means you have not used one of the server default home page names for your site's main page so the server doesn't know which page to give you.

Change your home page's file name to "index" with whatever extension you're currently using...

index.html

index.php
index.shtml

etc

If you change the name of the page from the Files window in DW, and you have a site properly defined in the program, DW will update all of the links for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not to mention that if you are seeing a directory listing when you browse to your site without including the path and document name, this means that your webserver is set to allow directory listing, which can be a security issue.  You should adjust your webserver configuration to not allow directory listing, as a precaution.

V/r,

^ _ ^

UPDATE: Please see https://www.acunetix.com/websitesecurity/directory-traversal/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines