Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems to reactivate CS3 [CS3 is DEAD]

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 
I have problems to re-activate CS3 . I obtained a new serial key, uninstalled the program, downloaded the Akami Net Sesssion Interface and reinstalled the software.
After restarting my computer (Dell Inspiron 15, Win10)  I opened Dreamweaver and got the same prompt : to reactivate the software.  Same with PS, InDesign etc. What went wrong?
During the reinstallation:  at no time I was prompted to put in the new serial key . I have 2 days remaining to re-activate the software - what happens after the 2 days ?This is a genuine software, please help.

Thanks Bianka

TOPICS
Download install and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

EDIT 2022: Adobe discontinued this program. Replacement CS3 installers no longer exist. Activation servers no longer exist.  CS3 is officially dead, discontinued & unsuported.

The correct answer in this thread   Re-activating CS3 (Updated)
describes the whole procedure for getting a replacement CS3 installer, a new serial number and what steps you must follow to make it work.

IMPORTANT!  You need an OS user account with full admin permissions so you can uninstall and install software.

If

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT 2022: Adobe discontinued this program. Replacement CS3 installers no longer exist. Activation servers no longer exist.  CS3 is officially dead, discontinued & unsuported.

The correct answer in this thread   Re-activating CS3 (Updated)
describes the whole procedure for getting a replacement CS3 installer, a new serial number and what steps you must follow to make it work.

IMPORTANT!  You need an OS user account with full admin permissions so you can uninstall and install software.

If you have any old Creative Suite products on your computer, you need to uninstall them AND REMOVE the old Adobe PCD folder.

Post back if you have further questions.

Discussion locked to avoid further confusion on this matter.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done this but after re-installation I'm still getting the same error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you remove all old CS3 software and delete the old PCD folder?

If not, you will be prompted for activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the PCD folder? I tried uninstalling. Manually deleting and then uninstalling and  I even ran the cleaner as some people had suggested. I have a new code but it never prompts me to enter it after reinstalling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to what/where the PCD folder is.  You have to set Explorer (assuming Windows) to view hidden objects.  Instructions for that are included.

HTH,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just love how people ignore the links I post .

Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've followed these to the T and still having the same issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

You cannot install your old software.  You must use the special replacement installer with the special new serial number.   Are you doing that?

Here are the links again in case you missed them.

Re-activating CS3 (Updated)

Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I did all that. I finally got it work by manually deleting all the files and adobe folders except the actual application. It makes no sense but its finally working...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if your question was also concerning about what is the PCD folder ?... this folder and its friend SLStore folder are present if you have licensed your software... they contains all the licencing informations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines