• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problems Uploading Files via DW CS6

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need some help resolving the following scenario as it's causing updates to not get uploaded to the live site.

1. I open a file in DW and make some changes.

2. I save the file which triggers automatic upload of the file.

3. Dreamweaver thinks the file on the server has changed since I last uploaded the file and wants me to confirm my desire to upload the file.

4. I miss the confirm window and after 30 seconds the transfer times out resulting in the file not getting uploaded.

5. I think the file was uploaded and email the person who requested the changes, informing them that the changes are complete.

6. I get an email back asking why the person still gets the old version of the page.

7. I check and find out that the file with the chages never uploaded.

To solve this, I have tried synchronizing the entire site. This results in most of the site being uploaded again from the local copy even though 98% of those files are not new and are in fact the exact same files that are on the server. This works for a while but at some point, DW thinks that the files on the server have changed since the last upload and starts prompting me again. Since I'm not expecting to be prompted, I miss this and files don't get uploaded.

Is there any way to not have the program not prompt me and upload all files regardless of whether it thinks files on the server have changed since the last upload? I want this because I am the sole person responsible for this site and I always update the local copy and upload changes exactly the same way.

I do understand that If I've made changes to templates that require the entire site to be uploaded and use an external FTP program so I can keep updating the site during the upload, I will start getting prompted. (The site has 19000+ files and is 6gb in size. Uploading the entire site via DW takes forever) At that point, I resynchronize the site to fix the issue. it's when I don't expect to be prompted that I run into trouble.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?