Highlighted

Problems using CSS in Dreamweaver CC

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made some progress in trying to figure out Dreamweaver CC.  MY current frustration is that all text has a strike-thru and sometimes an underline.  I don't recall ever trying to use this feature.  This underline has nothing to do with Links.  All text (think of a letter) is striked through.  How do I fix this/where to look for the problem.

Gail

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problems using CSS in Dreamweaver CC

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made some progress in trying to figure out Dreamweaver CC.  MY current frustration is that all text has a strike-thru and sometimes an underline.  I don't recall ever trying to use this feature.  This underline has nothing to do with Links.  All text (think of a letter) is striked through.  How do I fix this/where to look for the problem.

Gail

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's impossible to say what's wrong without seeing the code, but my guess would be you may have accidentally added text-decoration:line-through to your <p> tag's css.

If you could post a link to your page, or copy and paste all of the code from it to the forum, we would be able to tell you exactly what's happening.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Validate your code & fix reported errors.

Right-click on an open document tab in DW and select Open in Browser.

Right-click in browser and select Inspect Element. 

That should tell you which code is causing strike-through letters.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0