• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proper use of copyright on a website with stock images

Engaged ,
Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The website I'm creating has a footer that contains the standard copyright info, which is just "Copyright", the symbol and name of the company.  But now I've added to the page a background image from a free stock website (Pexel) that specifies unrestricted usage.  Do I have to alter my copyright footer to specify that it isn't my image?  I googled around but couldn't find the answer, and I thought perhaps developers here would be able to tell me.  Thank you! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 21, 2019 Apr 21, 2019

If I use free images from a free resource I always have the courtesy to give the photographer a credit, plus the website where it came from, probably the least one can do. What does it say on the website where you got your image from about adding a copyright.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use free images from a free resource I always have the courtesy to give the photographer a credit, plus the website where it came from, probably the least one can do. What does it say on the website where you got your image from about adding a copyright.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's a good idea.  I'll ask my client if they would mind if I add a credit.  That would help the photographer, and at the same time clarify that the copyright notice isn't referring to the image.  I didn't see anything about it on Pexels, but perhaps I can send them a question, just to sure.  I appreciate your help!   Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the terms of their license to understand what you can and cannot do with their images.

https://www.pexels.com/photo-license/

If the images come with no strings attached, you don't need to do anything. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Nancy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines