• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Properties inspector super slow

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I want to change something about Properties Inspector in Split Mode in Dreamweaver CC, Dreamweaver always freezes for a short time. It takes about 10 to 20 seconds until a change is possible. Example: Select Text in Code view, click into LINK in the Properties Panel and it freezes. I make the change and will change the TARGET and it freezes again. I have already updated the preferences and my PC runs under WIN 10 PRO with I7 processor and 64 MB RAM. Are there others with the same problem and how could the solution look like?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, verify that you're working with clean/valid code. HTML errors can cause all kinds of issues in DW. Visit http://validator.w3.org/nu or go to File > Validate > Validate Current Document (W3C) for a listing of issues in your page. Pay particular attention to things like missing end tags and improperly nested elements.

If you have error free code, try clearing the program cache: Deleting a corrupted cache file

If clearing your program cache doesn't do it, try restoring preferences: Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THX for answering ... unfortunately I've tried all your wrote before and it didn't worked. If I change the Document Title in the Properties Panel I have no problem but as soon as I click into a dropdown part it freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't something I can remember seeing in the forum before, if it were a bug in the software itself, the forum would be full of "I can't use the Properties window" style posts. It might be worth running the Cleaner Tool and reinstalling, maybe something went wrong during the initial installation...

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting, what is the DW version you are using?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver CC 18.1 10155 Build

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does you local site folder reside on your primary hard drive -- the same as DW?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines