• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question About Dreamweaver CS6

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am using the older Dreamweaver version CS6. I edited 4 pages of my site. These 4 updated pages are now showing up successfully on my Remote Server box. However, they have never showed up online to replace their older page counterparts. I have hit Refresh several times in the Remote Server box and have also closed out of my browser several times, but they are still not appearing online. Any help would be very much appreciated! Elizabeth

PS: I don't know if this is relevant, but these 4 pages were edited in a trial version of Dreamweaver that is a newer version than CS6. However, they are showing up in CS6 just fine. So I don't think this is the problem...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming only HTML/CSS/JS documents - and not serverside documents like PHP - and that they have been uploaded to the correct location on the server, the only explanation is a persistant browser cache.

To clear the cach in Chrome, hit Ctrl+Shift+Delete and follow the instructions:

BenPleysier_0-1597272338387.png

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you define your site properly in DW CC including your server's root folder?  Site > Manage Sites > Edit (pencil icon).

Site > Manage Sites > ServerSite > Manage Sites > Server

1. Open your Files Panel (F8).

2. Right-click on your local site folder and select Modified date.

3. Expand Files panel to show Remote Server and Local Files side-by-side.

4. Connect to Remote server.

5. Compare the modified date and time stamps to ensure local and remote files are the same.  See screenshot.

Expanded Files PanelExpanded Files Panel

Post back if you still need help.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines