Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question Bank Website

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community!

I am a Doctor looking to create a multiple choice question bank website for medical students. They would need to be able to select which discipline and the number of questions they want to be tested on. The question data would need to come from a form that I could easily enter. I have attached some examples of the sort of thing I want to do. My question is whether this can be done on Dreamweaver and if anyone has any resources that may help me achieve this? Thank you!Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 3.42.11 pm.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-01 at 3.43.06 pm.pngselection mock.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The short answer is Dreamweaver can build it if you can code it.  So while you can make that in DW it would require coding expertise to do so.

My instinct says that you may need to look into a solution like Survey Monkey ( https://www.surveymonkey.com ) or TypeForm ( https://www.typeform.com ) for this, but I don't know about the randomization of questions from a bank as I haven't had much experience.  I would reach out to those companies and see if they can fulfill your need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the surface this may seem simple but it's actually rather complicated.  At a minimum, you'll need the following:

1) a backend database to hold categories, QAs, session IDs, date & time, results, usernames and passwords,

2) a registration system for new users,

3) a secure log-in system for users and admins,

4) a backend content management system for adding/editing/deleting QAs and other administrative tasks,

5) programming to query database, randomize and display requested number of questions,

6) programming to save results, score results and optionally provide feedback to users,

7) front end coding to make it look presentable on all devices.

As I write this, I'm wondering if an existing e-learning/exam platform might be a better fit.  There's no sense re-inventing the wheel.

6 Open Source Exam Software & Assessment Platforms

12 Free/Open Source Exam & Assessment Softwares

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[remarks removed by moderator - please be civil]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines