Highlighted

"Access denied" message when I try downloading Dreamweaver MX 2004 page to home computer

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, for some time now I have been receiving an "access denied" message when I try and download a DW MX 2004 page to my home computer. Also, while I can upload a page I cannot upload "images". Permissions all seem to be correct. Would appreciate advice (my ex set up the site for me and I am not particularly tech savvy). Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Access denied" message when I try downloading Dreamweaver MX 2004 page to home computer

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, for some time now I have been receiving an "access denied" message when I try and download a DW MX 2004 page to my home computer. Also, while I can upload a page I cannot upload "images". Permissions all seem to be correct. Would appreciate advice (my ex set up the site for me and I am not particularly tech savvy). Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdIbyjti6BM or Google the subject

Ben
http://www.killersites.com In this video tutorial, Stef walks you through configuring Dreamweaver CS3 to connect to your web server using the built in FTP(Fi...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2020 0
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MX 2004 is outdated software.  Your web host has no doubt upgraded their servers many times in the past 16 years.  But your software has remained the same.  It's quite possible the FTP engine in DW is not compatible with your server anymore. 

Use Filezilla FTP client to transfer files.  If that doesn't work, contact your web host.  There could be  a permissions problem at their end.

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2020 1
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy. My co-webmaster has no problems downloading/uploading so the issue appears to be with me. I am contacting Adobe Customer Care Team to see if they can help. I appreciated your message!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2020 0
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am contacting Adobe Customer Care Team to see if they can help.

Good luck with that.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2020 1
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer care doesn't support your software.   It's so old, they've probably never even heard of it.

As I said above, use Filezilla to transfer files. 

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2020 1