• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Dreamweaver" migration to a new computer - Migrazione di "Dreamweaver" in un nuovo computer

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community users,
I am writing to know how to migrate the site by directly changing the HDD disk.
Thanks a lot.

Gentili utenti della community,

Vi scrivo per sapere come migrare il sito cambiando direttamente il disco HDD.

Grazie mille.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Export your site definition settings from old computer by going to Site > Manage Sites > Select site from list and Hit the Export button.   Save the STE file to your local site folder.  Repeat with other sites.

Copy your local site folders to a removable or backup drive.    Set-up your new computer and move the site folders to your new hard drive.

Install Dreamweaver.  Go to Site > Manage Sites > Import site definition STE files.

Repeat for other sites.

How to import and export Dreamweaver site settings

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export your site definition settings from old computer by going to Site > Manage Sites > Select site from list and Hit the Export button.   Save the STE file to your local site folder.  Repeat with other sites.

Copy your local site folders to a removable or backup drive.    Set-up your new computer and move the site folders to your new hard drive.

Install Dreamweaver.  Go to Site > Manage Sites > Import site definition STE files.

Repeat for other sites.

How to import and export Dreamweaver site settings

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For many reasons, I was using an old version of Dreamweaver, that recently died, after a reformatting of HD.
Now I installed Dreamweaver 2019 but I can't import my old site in the new Dreamweaver. I haven't any .ste files. 
How can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably the easiest way to get your sites back, if you don't have local copies of your files will be to...

1. Make a new, empty folder somewhere on your hard drive to be used as the site's root folder
2. Create a new site in DW under Site > New... and set the new folder as the site's local root

3. Enter your FTP information in the Servers tab for the remote server and save
4. Click the Get button (down arrow icon) in your Files Window
5. When DW asks if you want to "Get the entire site", click yes
6. Rinse and repeat for each website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The latest DW version is 2021, not 2019.

Did you sync your Site Settings to the Cloud from your previous installation?  If so, you may be able to import them.   Go to Preferences (see screenshot).

image.png

Restart Dreamweaver.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines