Highlighted

"Making this change would require changing code that is locked by a template or translator. The changes will be discarded"

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. After the latest update to Dreamweaver CC I have been getting a message on only one website that I have built. When I open a page to work on it in Dreamweaver I get the message, "Making this change would require changing code that is locked by a template or translator. The changes will be discarded".

This has never happened on this website or in dreamweaver before and has suddenly started popping up after the last update.  I don't know what a translator or what a template has to do with the website. I have not used a dreamweaver template for this site.

Any thoughts or help would be. very gratefully received.

Thanks, James.

The Tittle was edited by Moderator.

Problem Solved.

Hi All, thanks all for your help with this, I found the problem.

I went back to using Dreamweaver 2018 and the problem went away, so, I thought it had to be something either with Dreamweaver 2019 to an add-on of some kind. I did a bit of research and it turned out to be a DMXZone update required for Dreamweaver 2019.

Hope this helps some one else. Thanks all again.

James.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Making this change would require changing code that is locked by a template or translator. The changes will be discarded"

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. After the latest update to Dreamweaver CC I have been getting a message on only one website that I have built. When I open a page to work on it in Dreamweaver I get the message, "Making this change would require changing code that is locked by a template or translator. The changes will be discarded".

This has never happened on this website or in dreamweaver before and has suddenly started popping up after the last update.  I don't know what a translator or what a template has to do with the website. I have not used a dreamweaver template for this site.

Any thoughts or help would be. very gratefully received.

Thanks, James.

The Tittle was edited by Moderator.

Problem Solved.

I went back to using Dreamweaver 2018 and the problem went away, so, I thought it had to be something either with Dreamweaver 2019 to an add-on of some kind. I did a bit of research and it turned out to be a DMXZone update required for Dreamweaver 2019.

James.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 04, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear that you're having trouble because of the error which you're getting while working on the page of Dreamweaver.

Could you please also share the code of the page which will help us checking, if any script of the page that is causing the issue?

Would you mind checking this similar thread on the forum? Making this change would require changing code that is locked by a template or translator. The chang... and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika. No that is no help. I get the error when opening any page belonging to that website in dreamweaver. When I click ok a couple of times I can then edit the page but the same error appears when closing the page.

Thanks, James.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us your code from one of the offending pages,  James. 

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds to me like you're attempting to edit a child page spawned from a Template.dwt file.  And the region you're attempting to edit is locked.   Therefor you must open the Template.dwt tile to add whatever it is you're trying to add.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 04, 2019 1
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy. The files were all fine and workable until the last update, no child page. I have been editing the website using Dreamweaver for some time now with no problems at all but as soon as the update came through I now get the error on just this one website, none others.

Thanks, James.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem Solved.

James.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you're back on track James and thank you so much for sharing your research results with us on the forum that will definitely help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2019 0