Highlighted

"put" command doesn't work with my web host

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just informed that they would no longer allow it for uploading new pages on one existing site for 'security reasons'. Is there a workaround? A patch in Dreamweaver? Or do I have to download instructions from the web provider to do it another way? Or use File Zilla?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Some hosts have upgraded to the newest encryption ciphers but DW does not support them yet.  Until that changes, you'll need to use Filezilla with those servers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"put" command doesn't work with my web host

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just informed that they would no longer allow it for uploading new pages on one existing site for 'security reasons'. Is there a workaround? A patch in Dreamweaver? Or do I have to download instructions from the web provider to do it another way? Or use File Zilla?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Some hosts have upgraded to the newest encryption ciphers but DW does not support them yet.  Until that changes, you'll need to use Filezilla with those servers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 16, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't connect in DW using FTP over SSL/TSL with encryption,  use Filezilla.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what the web hosting folks told me to do. Was hoping to eliminate extra steps. Thx.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2017 0