Exit

Re: Connecting to ftp after re-install [Branched]

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a machine with Windows 7 Proessional

I have the new version of DW CS.

When I movved my site to this computer I made a .ste file to import.

I brought the site to my Windows 7 machine & imported the .ste file.

The next day I came back to make edits & the FTP did not work anymore.

I checked the setings & notice that he user name & password were blank. I thought maybe I forget to save.

I enterd the infoo again made sure it was working & saved & was able to edit the site. THe next day it happened again. I rekeyed evereything manually & it still does it. My version of CS5 worked better than this.

Please advice.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I branched this to a new discussion because the one you posted to is 3+ years out of date.

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + all other apps you intend to use. Check each one.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Also ensure your computer user profile has administrative (read & write) permissions. 

Prior to installing Creative Cloud, did you remove old Adobe products with the Adobe Cleaner tool?  This is recommended to avoid conflicts with older software.

IIRC, I had to manually create site definitions when I migrated from Creative Suite to Creative Cloud.  STE import method was not entirely successful because the software has changed a lot in 10 years.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines