• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: How do I do this in HTML

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currentloy working in text editor based HTML.   Got a style sheet goin'.

My copy of Dreamweaver 3 stopped working at 30 days.  No plans to buy an upgrade.  Gonna miss 3.  Attention and $$ is being drawn by CNC, right now.  A program called Mach3. 

Get a lot of help from w3schools.com, but I don't know the right question to ask their site.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Possibly related, see CSS Tooltips

https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_tooltip.asp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You forgot to ask your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you don't use Dreamweaver, check out StackOverflow -- a tech forum for code developers by developers.

https://stackoverflow.com/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I put my cursor ion a tab that represents my HTML program, I get the message "local or shared file" in a bubble.  What is the code to take control of this and put my owbn message in there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program are you working with? This post would be better in a product-related community, and it can be moved if you let us know.

Note that the Community Help forum is for help in how to use the Adobe Communities. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what this means.  You have not provided any context.  Regardless, I have moved & merged this post in Community Help forum with your other one in Dreamweaver.   Maybe if you post a screenshot and tell us exactly which OS and software you are using, we can assist you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

You have a browser open.  IE, Chrome, Firefox, they all behave closely.  You have set in your settings that you want to have one browser window open, and, if you want additional web sites open, each gets its own tab on the top of the browser window. I hope you understand what I am talking about so far.  Currently, my tabs read, "Ameriprise", "Machsupport Forum", "Ebay Shopping Cart", "Customized Menu", "Re:How do I do this in HTML-Adobe Support Community".  If I close a web site's window, that tab goes away.  When I put my cursor on a tab, a small window, like a speech bubble in a cartoon, appears.  It is that bubble, or mini window, or message block, or firble or whatever the proper term is, that I want to control. Grrrr.  Why is this so HARD?  Why can no one get this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The content that displays in a browser tab comes directly from your HTML document's <title>.

<!doctype html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>My Awesome Website: Unique Page Title</title>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great.  Thanx.  That much I know.  Now, for the NEXT level.  How do you control the baloon, or window, or text bubble, or whatver its name ibs that appears when your cursor touches the tab?  (I think if I knew its proper name, I could find the code.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Browser tooltips on open tabs are styled by the browser and vary by the maker (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Edge).  Web developers have no control over the browser UI and that's how it should be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly related, see CSS Tooltips

https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_tooltip.asp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

EGAD!  I think you've got it!  Now, to see if I can control tool tips in tabs.  Thank you!  Tooltip helps me ask the right questions.

(Humor)  A million items of information.  45 computer languages.  Dozens of databases.  All you have to do is ask the right question.  Don't know the right question?!  (giggle)  Aw, too bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines