Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-Installing Dreamweaver and Creative Cloud after new Win10 install

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Team,

I was really surprised after re-installing Dreamweaver and Creative Cloud.

I just assumed all my settings and sites would be there. After all I log into Creative Cloud every day to start Dreamweaver.

To my surprise, I must set everything up again including colors and font.  Not to mention, the IIS test sites which are a pain.

I’m going out of town in while and was planning on using my Dreamweaver subscription to work; accessing sites in the cloud and using Dreamweaver on a rented computer to work.  I’m thinking; this is not going to work after what I have just experienced; re-installing Dreamweaver to my Desktop after a Win10 replacement.

Do I need a better subscription ?

Please share your most appreciated wisdom….thanks for any help  ..james

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

we can understand your frustration if things don't turn out the way you'd expect.

In fact, the creative cloud is an online account / service that allows you to retrieve all the necessary tools without having to use physical CD-Rom as in the past.

all software requires a hard installation on the machines, except some services such as Kuler, Extract, ...

other transversal services can be used by all the tools such as typekit, shared libraries, storage and exchange space...

finally each tool can be synchronized with your own account and thus deposit the various parameters specific to each application but also to each project...

for example Dreamweaver can synchronize its general parameters, but also the parameters specific to each site project...

As far as Dreamweaver is concerned, you can also import or export all site parameters (.ste file) from the site management window, independently of online synchronization.

attention, however, if a project uses IIS (as you mention), all the parameters specific to IIS (paths, account, specificities...) will be saved, but IIS will have to be installed on the machine independently to Dreamweaver....

hope that this help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

On re-installing, can you check if the setting "Remove Preferences" in THOR(under Advanced settings) is enabled.

If yes, it will delete all the settings and won't be remembered in the newer version.

Can you please try again after disabling "Remove Preferences".

Thanks,

Mahak Kudyar

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you sync settings to the Cloud before you installed Windows 10?  And did you try importing those synced settings in DW?  See screenshot.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines