Highlighted

Re: Responsive website [Branched]

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I certainly will.  I have looked at a lot of the changes over the last year or so and knew that I was in for some huge changes.  That is why I was so worried that my skill level might be way too old.  It doesn't look good when ones website can't be used on a mobile device.  Can't wait for the book to get here!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Pedricks  wrote

I was so worried that my skill level might be way too old.  It doesn't look good when ones website can't be used on a mobile device.  Can't wait for the book to get here!

I have branched this to a new discussion and moved it to the Dreamweaver support forum.

You don't need to wait for your book to arrive to get started with responsive web design  templates in DW CC.  Simply define your site folder as you did in previous versions.  Site > New Site.

Then go to File > New > Starter Templates.  Pick one and hit the Create button.   I'm  fond of Bootstrap because it cuts my development time in half.   But use whichever one appeals to you.  You can customize it later.

CC-StarterPage.jpg

Immediately save your newly created document.  After saving, your Files panel will resemble this.

CC-StarterPageAssets.jpg

Have fun playing around with it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Re: Responsive website [Branched]

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I certainly will.  I have looked at a lot of the changes over the last year or so and knew that I was in for some huge changes.  That is why I was so worried that my skill level might be way too old.  It doesn't look good when ones website can't be used on a mobile device.  Can't wait for the book to get here!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Pedricks  wrote

I was so worried that my skill level might be way too old.  It doesn't look good when ones website can't be used on a mobile device.  Can't wait for the book to get here!

I have branched this to a new discussion and moved it to the Dreamweaver support forum.

You don't need to wait for your book to arrive to get started with responsive web design  templates in DW CC.  Simply define your site folder as you did in previous versions.  Site > New Site.

Then go to File > New > Starter Templates.  Pick one and hit the Create button.   I'm  fond of Bootstrap because it cuts my development time in half.   But use whichever one appeals to you.  You can customize it later.

CC-StarterPage.jpg

Immediately save your newly created document.  After saving, your Files panel will resemble this.

CC-StarterPageAssets.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 10, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pedricks  wrote

CC-StarterPage.jpg

CC-StarterPageAssets.jpg

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2019 2
Pedricks LATEST
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I will do that!  Working two jobs right now, so strapped for time and this will help a lot.  Plus I live in an area with dismal internet and no cable.  Just ancient landlines.  I am lucky if I can 500kbps, so I have to drive into town if I want to watch video tutorials and such.  And update apps! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2019 0