• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Real-time preview page not found problem

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully this will be an easy one to answer because I'm just doing something foolish.

I've set up my remote testing server with the root directory set as public_html/demo/website-name and Dreamweaver will happily connect and let me upload files. However, real-time prieview doesn't work. It puts the relevant files on the server but the browser just comes up with a 'page not found' error.

If I change the root directory to be just public_html then it works fine and the page loads but obviously the files are not where I want them to be.

What am I doing wrong?

On a related note I thought that an alternative would be to view the local files in a browser by right-clicking on a file in Dreamweaver and selecting 'Open in browser' but that just seems to do the same as real-time preview - ie. puts files on the server and gives me the same page not found error. Is there really no way to prieview a local file from Dreamweaver?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Place your site's root folders directly within public_html and update the site definition to use that new location for the local root.

You will then be able to use localhost/rootfoldername as the location for each site and Open in Browser should work correctly as long as the server is running.

I've had so many issues with Live Preview that I modified my DW to use Open in Browser on F12 instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Place your site's root folders directly within public_html and update the site definition to use that new location for the local root.

You will then be able to use localhost/rootfoldername as the location for each site and Open in Browser should work correctly as long as the server is running.

I've had so many issues with Live Preview that I modified my DW to use Open in Browser on F12 instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines