• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recordset Connection to my remote server issue

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having an issue with my Dreamweaver registration, login page.

I am new to dreamweaver and databases.

I am also using php5.6, I understand it is deprecated, however everything I am using is php 5.6, my testing server and my paid FTP.

I made my system in dreamweaver cs6, So from my understanding I should be fine.

I have successfully testing with site on my local server, Im using WAMP, now I want to put it on my paid hosting server. My paid hosting server has mysql, I have made a database and everything. I also have all of my files on my hosting server

I dont know if doing the recordset over is even proper, however I am trying to set it up for my remote sql server. however I keep getting this error.

MySQL Error#:2002

php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: no such host is known

I have no idea what this mean or how to fix it.

If you can please direct me to the proper way to fix this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

I never connect Dreamweaver to my remote server. 

My local testing server is set up identically to my remote server.   Same db, username, password.  So if the connection string works on my local wamp server, it will work on my remote server when I transfer files over. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if I can do with with WAMP somehow,

to migrate/ linking the mySQL table to a remote server from wamp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Hans, this has nothing to do with FTP.    This is a server database question.

Does your hosting server have phpMyAdmin?   That's what I use to export local MySQL data to an .sql file.  And then I log into my server's root and use phpMyAdmin on the server to import the .sql file from my computer into my server's database.

Import and export databases using phpMyAdmin - TechRepublic

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nancy,

you are right, naturally. On the other hand - to explain my thought processes -  I thought it was important for our OP to solve his problem "Connection to my remote server". Done this - so I assumed out of my own experience - that his provider would give him the necessary advices about MySQL and phpMyAdmin.

But I'm sure, OP now should be able to do it himself by using your link.

Hans-Günter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Hans for the help, I am trying everything now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you Nancy, yes my server has phpmyadmin, I am about to try that right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

I followed your instructions, and uploaded my local .sql file to my servers database successfully. Now upon trying to connect dreamweaver to my servers database I get the following error.

MySQL Error#-2002

php_network_getaddresses:getaddrinfo failed: This is usually a temporary error during hostname resolution and means that the local server did not receive a response from an authoritative server.

For some reason it looks like dreamweaver is trying to connect using the localhost, even though I changed the information to use my remote server [mysql @ ipower account support]. Is there some other step I'm missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never connect Dreamweaver to my remote server. 

My local testing server is set up identically to my remote server.   Same db, username, password.  So if the connection string works on my local wamp server, it will work on my remote server when I transfer files over. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

When I say remote server I am reffering to the mysql at ipower account support (my paid hosting service); Am I correct for reffering to that as a remote server? The reason I ask is because I thought connecting dreamweaver to a paid hosting service is the only way to publish it online, other than hosting it myself on my own personal server. Basically I am trying to find the simpilest way to use the mysql server at my paid hosting for my databases and tables etc. I originally used the mysql on my pc as a localhost. However I am now trying to set all this up through my paid hosting where my published website is hosted. However when I try to connect it seems to be still trying to use my localhost instead of the new mysql through my paid hosting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remote server = your paid hosting server. 

Local server = wamp on your computer.

phpMyAdmin = for importing and exporting MySQL data & tables between servers.

Local site = your local files and assets in Dreamweaver.

FTP = file transfer protocol.  That is how you upload local files & assets to your remote server.   Your site must be defined correctly for this to work.

CC-RootFolder.jpg

Create a new file called test.php with the following code.

<?php

$con = mysqli_connect("localhost","username","password","database_name");

// Check connection

if (mysqli_connect_errno())

{

echo "Failed to connect to MySQL: " . mysqli_connect_error();

}

else echo "Successfully connected, happy coding!"

?>

<?php phpinfo() ?>

Upload this this file to your remote server. 

Open your browser and go to the URL example:   https://your_domain.com/test.php

Did it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Im Working on it right now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

I made the new page as you described and pasted the code at the very top line of the page, however when I publish the page and view it in the browser I get a black page with a 404 Error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the URL to your site please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy

https://8618_test.jstempleofislam.org/Test.php

I tried imputting my username and password at the beginning of the code, in the area where it is listed in the first part of the code. And now we get a

PHP Version 5.6.30

Saying failed to connect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your MySQL database name,  user and password should not be the same as your FTP log-in credentials.

Does your hosting plan include MySQL?

Did you create a MySQL database on the remote server yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Yes our hosting plan does include MySQL and we have made a databse on the remote server.

$con = mysqli_connect("localhost","username","password","database_name");

Should I replace the above part of the code with my hosted MySQL credentials?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

When I change the credentials I got the following page successfully.

https://8618_test.jstempleofislam.org/Test.php

Thank you so much, would this code help me to connect my site to My hosted MySQL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

I have troubleshooted everything you have instructed me to do, and I now have my website working and connected to my database properly. I have my database, username and password on my remote server identical to my localhost MySQL, it all works now. You have been a great help. Thank you for patiently working with me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great!  Good luck with your project .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

it's well known, that in all these cases you describe I'm not a friend of a detailed troubleshooting. To be able to be independent in all this things it is one of the reasons why I prefer an external FTP program, its FileZilla. The difficulties with which you have to fight encourage me in this opinion, not least because we always search for experts, we don't charge a "jack of all trades".

To manage several websites or to upload my files and sometimes for the opposite way, for a necessary download from my server or to use a "a site-wide synch", I'm using FileZilla. It simply looks easier for me to keep track of all operations precisely and generate or reflect easily the desired tree structure.

Above all, FileZilla has a feature (translation from my German FileZilla) called "compare file list". Here it's possible to use file size or modification time as a criterion. There is also the possibility to "hide identical files", so that only these files which you want to redact remain visible.

And even if it means you have to install a new program, I am convinced that there is an advantage. Here is the link to get it and where you can read informations about how it works:

http://filezilla-project.org/ and http://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Tutorial#Using_the_site_manager

Mac: Mac OS X (Use: Show additional download options)

http://filezilla-project.org/download.php

Of course, you also need all the access data to reach your server and for MIME issues, you should contact your web host/provider.

Good luck!

Hans-Günter

P.S.

Since I use two screens, the whole thing became even more comfortable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines