Highlighted

Reinstallin DW Ultradev 4

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can help. Following a hard drive failure I need to reinstall DW Ultradev 4.0 - I maintain a number of complex data driven sites which were developed in UD it will be easier to continue in UD rather than have to rewrite them to use a more up to date version.

I do have the media and serial number, however this was an upgrade and during the re-install it ask for the serial number of the product I am upgrading from. I have had an on-line chat with Adobe support but the end result of that was that I was advised to go back to the reseller for help which is a bit difficult as it was so long ago.

Does anyone have any idea how I might get around this problem and get UD reinstalled? Or have I lost it for good and I am going to have to finally bit the bullet and get a new version?

Thanks for any help, Eddie

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Running 2004 software in a 2018 world of computers is going to be difficult even under the best of circumstances. 

If your data is MySQL & PHP dirven, you're in another heap of trouble because the deprecated server behavior panels were removed from Dreamweaver CC because the code is woefully outdated and it won't run on servers with PHP 7+. 

That said, if you registered all your products with Adobe, there should be a record of that in your Adobe Account.

https://accounts.adobe.com/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Reinstallin DW Ultradev 4

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can help. Following a hard drive failure I need to reinstall DW Ultradev 4.0 - I maintain a number of complex data driven sites which were developed in UD it will be easier to continue in UD rather than have to rewrite them to use a more up to date version.

I do have the media and serial number, however this was an upgrade and during the re-install it ask for the serial number of the product I am upgrading from. I have had an on-line chat with Adobe support but the end result of that was that I was advised to go back to the reseller for help which is a bit difficult as it was so long ago.

Does anyone have any idea how I might get around this problem and get UD reinstalled? Or have I lost it for good and I am going to have to finally bit the bullet and get a new version?

Thanks for any help, Eddie

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Running 2004 software in a 2018 world of computers is going to be difficult even under the best of circumstances. 

If your data is MySQL & PHP dirven, you're in another heap of trouble because the deprecated server behavior panels were removed from Dreamweaver CC because the code is woefully outdated and it won't run on servers with PHP 7+. 

That said, if you registered all your products with Adobe, there should be a record of that in your Adobe Account.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 03, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2018 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Nancy, if it is data-driven, I wouldn't trust the code from UltraDev 4 at this point in time. If you want an honest opinion about the site about updating it, there are many experts here who would be willing to give you an opinion to help see what options you may have to move forward.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2018 1
osgood_ LATEST
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with everyone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2018 1