Highlighted

Relaunching website

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have redesigned my existing website. What is the best way to relaunch the newly designed pages? Is it recommended to take the existing pages down (delete) first or put the new files first?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Just to be safe, I like to move old site files & assets to a new folder called OLD_SITE.  You might need something from it later.  When you're certain you don't need it, go ahead and delete the folder from your server.

Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Relaunching website

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have redesigned my existing website. What is the best way to relaunch the newly designed pages? Is it recommended to take the existing pages down (delete) first or put the new files first?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Just to be safe, I like to move old site files & assets to a new folder called OLD_SITE.  You might need something from it later.  When you're certain you don't need it, go ahead and delete the folder from your server.

Nancy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't forget to create a new sitemap.xml for your root server.  Also tell Google to index your new site through your Webmaster Tools console.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2017 1