Highlighted

Releasing cs6 for transfer

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a redundant PC which has a copy of Dreamweaver cs6 which I understand has to be released from the Adobe Server for reuse on another PC.

Can anyone please inform me how I can carry this out please?

Many Thanks 

John Hardy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Releasing cs6 for transfer

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have a redundant PC which has a copy of Dreamweaver cs6 which I understand has to be released from the Adobe Server for reuse on another PC.

Can anyone please inform me how I can carry this out please?

Many Thanks 

John Hardy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process is pretty simple, if you have an authentic full license version of the software.

In the Help menu inside DW will be an option to Deactivate (you may need to open an html file if the option is grayed out). Using that option will free up one of your two activations so it can be installed and activated on a new machine. Install the software from your original media, using the activation code on the packaging and the new machine should work without issue. If you do have problems, you will need to contact Adobe Customer Care and specifically request an Activation Limit Reset for CS6.

One thing to note, many users who purchased DW 6 late in its life-cycle, bought from third party sellers who would offer the program at huge discounts. It turned out a lot of those third party sellers weren't giving people the full license, but an illegal copy of a volume license. If you have one of those copies, you most likely won't be able to re-activate, instead getting a "license revoked" message.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC, your CS6 license came with 3 activations.  If you haven't exceeded that yet, you can probably install on another machine.  You will need a supporting OS, original installation disks or downloads, a way to read them and a valid serial # for that language, platform and version.

--------------------------
NOTE: Legacy Creative Suite is discontinued & unsupported.  Apart from an activation count reset, Adobe customer care cannot help you with CS6.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help in this matter.

I am using cs6 at the moment working very well.
For this version I have Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium
I think there must have been a later download as I have a note on the box of a Serial number for cs6.
Does this sound as if I have the correct info to be able to do the job?
Many thanks for your help.

John Hardy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 is dead & gone.  Even if you have an installation disk and valid serial number, it can never be activated because the servers are gone.

Log-in to your account portal below.  Assuming you registered your products online, you should be able to find your serial numbers. If CS3 was your qualifying product for the CS6 upgrade, you'll need both numbers.

https://account.adobe.com/products

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information Nancy.

Regards

John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0