Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Relocate Dreamweaver CS5 to new PC

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I still use Dreamweaver CS5 (Registered) on old laptop, but, wish to reinstall onto new Laptop. I'm aware I'd need to Deactivate form old machine, then re install and re activate to new Laptop. However, I've heard Adobe no longer support CS5, no probs, but, will Adobe allow me to transfer ?. I can't really go down the path of Renting new software. Any help greatly appreciated

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Nancy,

Thanks for your quick reply, I did mention new laptop doesn't have disk drives, but adobe were very helpful, had to de activate, uninstall, they then sent email with links to download software, sorted

thanks again

John

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand the problem.  Deactivate your old machine.   Use your installation disks to install and when prompted enter your serial number.  It goes without saying, CS5 will never be updated again so eventually you're going to have problems supporting older software on the latest & greatest operating systems.   That's the risk you take with older software.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy,

Thanks for your quick reply, I did mention new laptop doesn't have disk drives, but adobe were very helpful, had to de activate, uninstall, they then sent email with links to download software, sorted

thanks again

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geordielads  wrote

I did mention new laptop doesn't have disk drives

Actually you never mentioned that important detail.

But I'm glad Adobe Customer Care was able to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Greordielads who did you contact at support . It seems like I was getting shared a scam email today  Adobecare.Experts@protonmail.com

I have the same issue as you but it's a year now maybe Cs5 is outdated.  

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This discussion is outdated and no longer relevant.  Adobe discontinued CS5 support & removed download links from their servers.  Customer care agents can no longer assist with discontinued software.  If you want product support, you need a paid Creative Cloud subscription.

I'm locking this discussion.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!  Adobe employees never use e-mail adresses from Outlook, Gmail, Protonmail, etc...
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines