Highlighted

Remove <strong> tags site wide

New Here ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone.

I have rather a large site, over 11000 html pages. I know how to strip links from a single page with the find/replace command.

But I want to remove the <strong> tag from all my pages sitewide in one hit, rather than going through each page.

Is there a way of doing this with find/replace ? Clean up html command menu only appears when I have a single page open, so that doesnt work.

Thanks

Phillip

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Remove <strong> tags site wide

New Here ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone.

I have rather a large site, over 11000 html pages. I know how to strip links from a single page with the find/replace command.

But I want to remove the <strong> tag from all my pages sitewide in one hit, rather than going through each page.

Is there a way of doing this with find/replace ? Clean up html command menu only appears when I have a single page open, so that doesnt work.

Thanks

Phillip

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020 0
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11,000 pages might be too much for your system to handle in one pass.  I hope you have lots & lots of available memory.

Shift + Ctrl/Cmd + F.

Use Advanced tag search.  See screenshot. 

Advanced Find & ReplaceAdvanced Find & Replace

NOTE:  I strongly urge you to backup your local site folder just in case.  Test this on the current document first.  There is no way to undo an 11,000 page replacement.

Also give some thought to rebuilding your site dynamically.  That much content needs to be in a database, not static HTML files.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Id love to rebuild my site, but with all due respect, 11000 pages plus has taken the last 20 years to do, and Im 53, I cant justifying learning about databases and re-doing THAT many pages with the info on each.

I should have said before. Im running Dreamwear MX version. Does the shift thingy F key work with MX ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I should have said before. Im running Dreamwear MX version. "

Oh, good grief!  Nancy_OShea_1-1588967747848.png

Maybe Ctrl + F will work.  Sorry I don't remember that far back.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0