Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive animated slideshow

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear People. Hi.

I apologise if some of you have got a bit fed up with seeing pretty much the same question from me...

But I have still not managed to resolve the issue... I THINK!

I have built a responsive website, no problems there, but it is for my Photographic work, and I would like to put in a nice slideshow.

I like the "swap image" feature for links to specific pages.

I have created out and over images for buttons.

I have managed to make it a responsive menu...

So far, so good.

I am aware the "Flash" (which I loved for animation) is out of the question, so I am now using "Animate"

I can make a nice slideshow, and publish it as an HTML5 and OAM file.

How do I place that published animation into the webpage.

And if used on a Touch screen device, will the finger touch (or stylus touch) on the button be like the mouse over button of old ???

I have tried and experimented with other "slide show" creation tools, but none of them are as flexible as "Animate" (Flash) when it comes to styling it in line with the website it is in..

Would an "iframe" be a better solution than Animate. (so I can have "thumbnails" in a scrollable window) that will link to the full size photo to open in another "iframe"

I hope this all makes sense and I will get advice that will allow me to do this.

Thank you in advance.

Glen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

I may be in the minority here, but in my view Animate CC is not a good fit for slideshows.   It's too much code for something that is so simple to do with JavaScript or jQuery.  2 code examples below.

W3.JS Slideshow

How To Create a Carousel Slideshow

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I may be in the minority here, but in my view Animate CC is not a good fit for slideshows.   It's too much code for something that is so simple to do with JavaScript or jQuery.  2 code examples below.

W3.JS Slideshow

How To Create a Carousel Slideshow

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines