• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retaining the position in a table and return to it after having follow a link to another a page (PART II)

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to launch a new discussion (PART II) because no action are available on the first part (Why? I would have liked to reply to Nancy https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy%20OShea  on the first part).

First, I would like to answer to Nancy. Let us assume that you have selected <Creative> on the menu of the home page of http://www.danielpisters.be/. Go to the second part of the window, bellow the first table “Les pouhons spontanés de l'Esprit au jour le jour”:

You click on « Expand » and get a (nearly) full screen view of the table. I can only reproduce a part of the expanded table too large vertically as horizontally:

After having built a new table based on the content of the first one, I get this expanded view on a new page using the following method:

<script type="text/javascript">

function openCreativePouhonsTblInNewTab(page)

{   

if(typeof(Storage)!=="undefined")

{

// Yes! localStorage and sessionStorage support!

// Some code.....

}

else

{

alert("Sorry! No web storage support to rebuild the table on another page.");

return;

}

var func = "";

func = storeLocCreativePouhonsTbl();

var versIE = isIE();

if ((versIE == false) || (versIE > 8))

{

window.open(page, '_blank')

}

else

{

//'height='+ screen.availHeight, // winHeight,

//'width='+ screen.availWidth, // winWidth,

var params = [

'location=yes',

'menubar=yes',

'status=yes',

'scrollbars=yes',

'fullscreen=yes'

].join(',');

var w = window.open(page, '_blank', params);

w.focus();

}

}

</script>

Let us assume that you scrolled horizontally until you reached the column “Image” (the first on the left in the partial screenshot bellow):

You click twice on the "Image" column header to sort the content of the column:

So, all poems illustrated by a drawing (dessin au crayon) are grouped near the top of the table.

You follow the link <Dessin au crayon> on the twelfth row, for example, and get a view of the drawing on a new page:

When a you click on the back arrow, you return to the previous page with the table but the position in terms of row/column (In this case the “Image” column on the twelfth row) isn’t retained and the table has been shifted horizontally to its beginning row/column, no matter the position you reached in the expanded view of the table.

I'll test now at least some variant of Ben BenPleysier solution <input type="button" value="Go Back From Whence You Came!" onclick="history.back(-1)" /> but as the image is shown on full screen, I have no more place for a "Go Back" button.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

I think that you need to reconsider what you are doing, keeping in mind the amount of real-estate that is available on the client device. Horizontal scrolling should be a no-no in anybody's language.

If I were to replicate what you have shown, I would have a master/detail page as shown in

With apologies for not being able to answer your question

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that you need to reconsider what you are doing, keeping in mind the amount of real-estate that is available on the client device. Horizontal scrolling should be a no-no in anybody's language.

If I were to replicate what you have shown, I would have a master/detail page as shown in

With apologies for not being able to answer your question

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a usability problem with those tables.  The fixed height and width makes it very unfriendly.  Remove explicit height and width values from #scroller div CSS  That might help improve usablity and achieve what you asked for in Part 1  about coming back to the same table column and row. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines