• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retaining the position (row, col, the td of the tr in tbody) in a table and to return to it after having follow a link to another a page?

Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link is contained at this position (row, column). After having closed the page or document open trough this link, the cursor should be re-positioned at least in the row/col containing the link (not precisely on the link itself if it is preceded by a text, a small logo, or by anything else. If it is possible, what is the best way to do it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Adding to Nancy's reply, you could place a button on the linked page that, when clicked, will do the same as the browser's back button. The code is simple as per

<input type="button" value="Go Back From Whence You Came!" onclick="history.back(-1)" />

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand the problem.  Can you post a URL to what you mean?

My browser's back button (backspace key) returns me to the starting location -- last link clicked.  I make it a practice to avoid opening new windows / tabs unless itt takes users to an external URL that's not on my domain.  In such cases, closing the new window  / tab has no effect on the parent window  / tab.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adding to Nancy's reply, you could place a button on the linked page that, when clicked, will do the same as the browser's back button. The code is simple as per

<input type="button" value="Go Back From Whence You Came!" onclick="history.back(-1)" />

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines