• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save/Load Find and Replace Queries Dreamweaver CC 18

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the save and load buttons for the Find and Replace queries in the newest update? This was an issue when you released CC 17 and you updated later. I don't understand why it was removed for the 18 version. There are lots of people that use these find and replace searches every day.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Hi,

The Save/Load search queries is a hidden option same as in CC 2017.5. You need to add new keys for enabling this functionality, please follow the steps below to do so-

• Make sure you have Dreamweaver CC 2018 installed. Open Dreamweaver and use the Advanced Find and Replace dialog at least once, and then close Dreamweaver.

On Windows:
  1. Open the Registry Editor - In the Start Menu, either in the Run Box or the Search box, type regedit and press Enter.
  2. Navigate to the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am checking with my colleagues. Will get back as soon as I have a response.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall them being put back officially, though Adobe does give directions on how to re-enable save & load queries in CC2017:

Find and replace text, tags, and attributes

It's possible the same would apply to CC2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked the 2018 prefs and the show hidden options line isn't in there. I am looking through it more thoroughly now to see if I can find something else that might work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnball73  wrote

I checked the 2018 prefs and the show hidden options line isn't in there. I am looking through it more thoroughly now to see if I can find something else that might work.

The line isn't there to start off with, the instructions I posted (and now posted by Niharika) show the line needs to be added in order to re-activate the function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I didn't see the "add new string" part in the link you posted until just now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Save/Load search queries is a hidden option same as in CC 2017.5. You need to add new keys for enabling this functionality, please follow the steps below to do so-

• Make sure you have Dreamweaver CC 2018 installed. Open Dreamweaver and use the Advanced Find and Replace dialog at least once, and then close Dreamweaver.

On Windows:
  1. Open the Registry Editor - In the Start Menu, either in the Run Box or the Search box, type regedit and press Enter.
  2. Navigate to the following location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2018\Advanced Find And Replace
  3. Right click and create a new string value with ShowHiddenOptions=TRUE.
  4. Close the Registry Editor.

On Mac:

1. Use Finder to navigate to ~/Library/Preferences.
  2. Open Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2018 Prefs using a text editor.
  3. Find the [Advanced Find and Replace] section and add showhiddenoptions=TRUE.
  4. Save and close the file.
  • Open Dreamweaver. Open the Advanced Find and Replace dialog. You can now see the options to load and save queries.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac and this worked. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines