• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling problems. I can go down but not up )-:

Engaged ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on publishing a rather large monograph/book length project. So far everything seems to be working well but on this page http://tinyurl.com/y9rt6h9x I have a pesky problem.

Expanding the accordion and clicking on any link works and we get to the desired position in the document. The problem is that after I arrive at my chosen destination if I try to scroll up I get stuck. On some links I may be able to scroll a few screens up but I am soon stopped.

I can only scroll down but not up. Even the Scroll To Top arrow doesn’t work.

Hitting the ← Back Button doesn’t work either.

It is only on this page that this happens not the others. What have I done wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

I found the problem. I'll give you the summary here and tomorrow I will give you a detailed explanation via email.

Your anchor links are going to headings. That's fine. The problem is that those headings are set to animate when scrolled to. When you are in the Accordion, the elements you are linking to are staged off-screen, ready to be animated. This is confusing the browser. I simply assigned a smooth scroll script to your anchor links, and that appears to do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered your email, as well as your post on our forum. Let's take the issue there and see if we can solve it for you. I did create a clean test page, using your content and behaviors, but with our default CSS and scripts. I also removed your third-party scripts. The issue seems to have disappeared:

http://projectseven.com/testing/customers/branko-01-19/

I'll spend some time reintroducing your other scripts to see if we can find the culprit.

But let's pick this up on our system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the problem. I'll give you the summary here and tomorrow I will give you a detailed explanation via email.

Your anchor links are going to headings. That's fine. The problem is that those headings are set to animate when scrolled to. When you are in the Accordion, the elements you are linking to are staged off-screen, ready to be animated. This is confusing the browser. I simply assigned a smooth scroll script to your anchor links, and that appears to do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines