• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting Multiple Lines of Text in CC Using Shift

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded from Dw CS6 to CC. I used to select a group of text by clicking a line number, holding shift and then clicking another line number but this doesn't seem to be working in CC. I can't find in the MissingManual that this is a feature in CC either. Is this a feature they have removed? Such shame if so! You'd think it doesn't matte as you can drag the mouse still to select multiple lines of text, however the shift-only method is very handy when highlighting a specific line and the scrolling down over a page (or more) and then accurately selecting the next line.

I quite like to set my own shortcuts for Dw. If this is a removed feature, is it available to create a shortcut for it? I've had a look but can't seem to see where this would be possible either.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Use Shift + down arrow key.

Or Shift + Ctrl + End key.

Or Ctrl + click on line number.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Shift + down arrow key.

Or Shift + Ctrl + End key.

Or Ctrl + click on line number.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've found the same. Seems odd to have removed a feature that was so simple, ...and yet so helpful! Is there somewhere that we can make suggestions for them to add things? Previously we'd have had to wait until the next CS came in but with CC  they might update things more easily - although I don't hold out much hope! Don't know why though - seems like an easy thing to bring back!

Thanks Nancy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Post 2015 Dreamweaver is a complete departure from the old Dreamweaver.  It was re-written with a Brackets-based code engine so lots of things are different now.   For added convenience, bug & feature requests can  be submitted from your  Help Menu.  See screenshot.  If enough people agree with your report, it might get addressed in a future release. 

CC-submitBug.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines