Highlighted

SelectRecentlyModified

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone assist me with this issue. Am running DW 2021 and the function to "select recently modified" pages has stopped working within the past couple of days. No problems previously. It presents an error message:

 

While executing onClick in SelectRecentlyModified.html, the following JavaScript error ocurred:

At line 370 of file c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver 2021\Configuration\Menus\MM\SelectRecentlyModified.js: DWfile.getAttributes(listItem) has no properties

 

I can put individual files without any problems, but the program will no longer collect a batch of files modified within any number of past days. I have tried all different settings including specifying a from/to date set

 

I get exactly the same issue when running DW 20.2

 

The code at line 370 is as follows:

 

//if (isFolder(listItem))
if (DWfile.getAttributes(listItem).indexOf('D') != (-1))
{
// listItem is a folder

if (!checkArray(ignoreFolders,tmpListItem))
searchFolder(listItem);
}
else
{
// listItem is a file

searchFile(listItem);
}
}
}

I have no idea what that means. But what is IndexOf D? Is that the issue? What does D relate to?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Correct answer by Simon5EAB | Community Beginner

Here's something odd. After a week in which the Select Recently Modified function refused to work, it has suddenly apparently fixed itself. I have no idea why that is. However, I suspect that it is because I forced a sync between my local and remote servers. In order to get around the error I ran the Select Newer Local function and put all newer local files onto the remote server. That seems to have reset the relationship between the two servers and now Select Recently Modified works correctly.

TOPICS
Code, Error, Product issue, Publish

Views

27

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

SelectRecentlyModified

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone assist me with this issue. Am running DW 2021 and the function to "select recently modified" pages has stopped working within the past couple of days. No problems previously. It presents an error message:

 

While executing onClick in SelectRecentlyModified.html, the following JavaScript error ocurred:

At line 370 of file c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver 2021\Configuration\Menus\MM\SelectRecentlyModified.js: DWfile.getAttributes(listItem) has no properties

 

I can put individual files without any problems, but the program will no longer collect a batch of files modified within any number of past days. I have tried all different settings including specifying a from/to date set

 

I get exactly the same issue when running DW 20.2

 

The code at line 370 is as follows:

 

//if (isFolder(listItem))
if (DWfile.getAttributes(listItem).indexOf('D') != (-1))
{
// listItem is a folder

if (!checkArray(ignoreFolders,tmpListItem))
searchFolder(listItem);
}
else
{
// listItem is a file

searchFile(listItem);
}
}
}

I have no idea what that means. But what is IndexOf D? Is that the issue? What does D relate to?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Correct answer by Simon5EAB | Community Beginner

Here's something odd. After a week in which the Select Recently Modified function refused to work, it has suddenly apparently fixed itself. I have no idea why that is. However, I suspect that it is because I forced a sync between my local and remote servers. In order to get around the error I ran the Select Newer Local function and put all newer local files onto the remote server. That seems to have reset the relationship between the two servers and now Select Recently Modified works correctly.

TOPICS
Code, Error, Product issue, Publish

Views

28

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incidentally, I have already tried all the fixes suggested for general JavaScript errors such as recreating file cache, deleting WinFileDat etc etc All to no avail

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Oct 26, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's something odd. After a week in which the Select Recently Modified function refused to work, it has suddenly apparently fixed itself. I have no idea why that is. However, I suspect that it is because I forced a sync between my local and remote servers. In order to get around the error I ran the Select Newer Local function and put all newer local files onto the remote server. That seems to have reset the relationship between the two servers and now Select Recently Modified works correctly.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Oct 28, 2020 0