Highlighted

Sentence indent

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need help in getting my 2nd part of my sentence to indent like the rest of the sentence or i guess wrap around. What do i need to do for that to happen. I want the "me 3" to be under the "I still am going".

The same for the word subtraction.

Here is a screenshot on what is looks like when on the website.

I am trying to attach a photo but its not letting me. It is saying that this file type is forbidden. Can you tell me which type is allowed so i can show a screenshot.

Here is my code.

<p style="text-indent: 40px"> <strong>192-3(3):</strong> I still am doing <strong>step 3</strong> and doing all <strong>multiplication and division</strong> as it appears from left to right and the next multiplication or division was 6(/)2 which gives me 3.</p>

Thanks for your help.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

There are a lot of ways this could be done with css, but what you're presenting is basically tabular data.

I would just use a two-column, multi-row table. Place the bold 192's in the left cells and right align them. Then place the remaining text in the right cells, left aligned. Set your cell-widths with css to ensure they're relatively fluid so it doesn't get too weird looking on small screens and you should be good to go.

TOPICS
Dreamweaver FTP, Learn Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sentence indent

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need help in getting my 2nd part of my sentence to indent like the rest of the sentence or i guess wrap around. What do i need to do for that to happen. I want the "me 3" to be under the "I still am going".

The same for the word subtraction.

Here is a screenshot on what is looks like when on the website.

I am trying to attach a photo but its not letting me. It is saying that this file type is forbidden. Can you tell me which type is allowed so i can show a screenshot.

Here is my code.

<p style="text-indent: 40px"> <strong>192-3(3):</strong> I still am doing <strong>step 3</strong> and doing all <strong>multiplication and division</strong> as it appears from left to right and the next multiplication or division was 6(/)2 which gives me 3.</p>

Thanks for your help.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

There are a lot of ways this could be done with css, but what you're presenting is basically tabular data.

I would just use a two-column, multi-row table. Place the bold 192's in the left cells and right align them. Then place the remaining text in the right cells, left aligned. Set your cell-widths with css to ensure they're relatively fluid so it doesn't get too weird looking on small screens and you should be good to go.

TOPICS
Dreamweaver FTP, Learn Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 22, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jpg or gif should insert without issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of those and its not letting me do it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

192-6(/)2(3): I am doing step 3 and I need to do all multiplication and division as it appears from left to right. I multiplied 3(64) and got 192.

192-3(3): I still am doing step 3 and doing all multiplication and division as it appears from left to right and the next multiplication or division was 6(/)2 which gives me 3.

192-9: I still am doing all multiplication and division from left to right so now I went to step 4 and did all addition and subtraction from left to right. We had thesubtraction problem 192-9 which gives us 183 for the answer.

I provided my code. Once the sentence hits the 2nd line, i need it to indent and go under the "I still am" . Its not doing that. What do i need to enter to have it wrap around.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2018 0
Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2018 1
Mentor ,
Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jon+Fritz+II  wrote

Set your cell-widths with css to ensure they're relatively fluid so it doesn't get too weird looking on small screens and you should be good to go.

There are also CSS ways to convert a table to a cross-tab. Works best, of course with proper markup and concise headers:

PVII MFT: Responsive Tables for Dreamweaver

Scroll down the page to see live examples.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!

I am just getting back into coding so there are some things that i know and some that i have to learn.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2018 0
Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For reference.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2018 0
Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe what you really want is an ordered list? 

<ol>

<lii>Step 1</li>

<li>Step 2</li>

<li>Step 3</li>

</ol>

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2018 1