• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Server connection failsFT

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have several sites on a leased server. The process is usually the same. But recently I can not set up a site. I know that the FTP Address, Username, password, Root Directory and Web URL are correct but it always fails with "An FTP error occurred - Cannot make the connect to host". I have tried Port 21 with FTP and Port 22 with FTPS.

I have tried deleting and recreated it many times, same result.  If I take the same info and use an FTP client such as Fetch, I can connect instantly.  I am using Dreamweaver CS6. Thanks to anyone that can point me in the right direction.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

thralthamidor  wrote

If I take the same info and use an FTP client such as Fetch, I can connect instantly.  I am using Dreamweaver CS6.

The last CS6 update was released 7 years ago.   I think you'll find that at some point, legacy software can no longer do the job.   It's probably time to upgrade to Creative Cloud or keep using Fetch to transfer files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using https://filezilla-project.org/ to see if that works. If so, copy the same details to Dreamweaver.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thralthamidor  wrote

If I take the same info and use an FTP client such as Fetch, I can connect instantly.  I am using Dreamweaver CS6.

The last CS6 update was released 7 years ago.   I think you'll find that at some point, legacy software can no longer do the job.   It's probably time to upgrade to Creative Cloud or keep using Fetch to transfer files.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines