• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SFTP Broken in Dreamweaver 2017

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well as per usual Adobe has broken a working feature.

Dreamweaver only connects to certain servers now via ftp.  SFTP/FTP over SSL is broken.

I can connect perfectly to the server(s) in question with putty and WinSCP(sftp) on Windows, but as soon as I try with Dreamweaver it displays an 'FTP error occured - cannot make connection to host.' Triple, and Quadruple checked the server name.

- Windows 7 Firewall is allowing the program through.

- Antivirus turned off.

I see other people are having this problem and also with Muse.  In fact one of these servers I cannot even connect via regular FTP now....

Any solutions yet?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Hi rayates55​,

I am happy to announce that your wish has come true.

Dreamweaver 18.2 is live now with the SFTP fix.

Please go ahead and try it out.

Thanks,

Mahak Kudyar

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Filezilla?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

Use Filezilla?

That's not a solution. That's a workaround. OP asked for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I better workaround would be to use an IDE other than Dreamweaver where all the advertised features you're paying for actually work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked your port settings?

When I updated my copy of Dw to 2017.1, I found that the custom port setting for sftp had for some unknown reason been changed to the default port 72, it was only when I checked with my provider for the ftp settings info, that I realized what had happened.

(I haven't updated to 2017.2, so don't know if that has the same problem)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, It is port 22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked with your hosting provider, as many are now using a different port number from the more common 22 or 72, (mine does)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the hosting provider is using port 22, as I said I tested it with Putty and WinSCP

adobe-dreamweaver-is-shit.png

I should also note that the window for the SSL certificate doesn't pop up either.  It immediately shows the error screen when hitting the test button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked that the web address begins with https and not http?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried a similar SFTP workflow at my end and it is working fine. Can you please try the steps below and see if they work-

1. Open command line and ping to the server you are connecting to. In your case " ping shell1c11.megawebservers.com" and see if it is active.

2. Once the server is active, get the IP address and use it in place of SFTP address field in Dreamweaver.

While we are testing SFTP workflows, we usually get these errors when we are using wrong port, wrong username/passwords. You might want to checkout more details in Troubleshoot FTP issues in Adobe Dreamweaver

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the IP address, and it isn't a DNS issue.  Same problem.  I feel like the people on here have a confetti gun approach to troubleshooting lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the forum is user to user based, the contributors don't have the 1-2-3 process of "screens" starting with "is it plugged in?" so you tend to get answers on a much more "this happened to me in the past, try this remedy" from various perspectives.

Having two Adobe staffers answer you in the same thread is actually pretty rare here.

It'll likely be worthwhile to take Preran up on the offer to have them investigate. Have you sent him a private message yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Naw, it isn't really that big of a concern to me.  I really despise support services from Adobe and tech support in general.  A good way to waste hours and hours and not getting anything resolved.  My workaround from the start was WinSCP, It was just surprising that the old Dreamweaver MX still works, and this doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the mention, Jon.

Stewart: If you change your mind, do send me a message. We will do our best to help.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Broken here as well.  Exact same as OP.  Went through all the steps outlined above.  Everything works in putty, winscp, filezilla.  Just no longer works in Dreamweaver.  Pls assist if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are OK with helping us with additional troubleshooting, can you install the previous version of Dreamweaver and let us know if it works fine?

Download and install Creative Cloud apps

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and it does not work on the 2015 version either. I can access OK via Filezilla, and I am able to access another one of my sites using FTP on both the versions.  I have a couple of other versions installed on one of my computers that I could test on if needed. (After some previous problems I was cautios about upgrading.  On that computer, I still can't use 2017 because of the menus problem which won't get fixed by following your instructions--but I didn't have that problem on this computer)

Please get this problem fixed ASAP as I need to fix a bunch of things on my website and install some new software, and I'm not looking forward to the Filezilla workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, did you try the solutions posted by Niharika in this discussion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Niharika may be onto something here.

I've had a server in the past that, for whatever oddity in the set-up, required DW to use the IP address over the domain name while other FTP applications could use the domain name without issue.

It may be worth checking that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As this is a user2user forum, it may be best to aim your gripe to where it matters as per

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stewart,

Can you provide me with your Adobe ID, location, and phone number? To send a private message, click my name and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is no change in SFTP workflows in Dreamweaver for long so it should work as it was in the previous versions, can you please provide a screenshot of the server setup that you have done so that we can try the same at our end?

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver CC2018, Windows 10. SFTP connects fine with FileZilla. Identical settings do not work in Dreamweaver. The login and password are definitely correct. Used the server IP address - same result. Tried with firewall off - same result. Here's my screenshot:

screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

few weeks ago I have posted a bug concerning the same behavior... DWBETA-4151122

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding my 2c worth... I have the very same problem (using Mac 10.12.6, CC 2017.5 build 9878)

- accessing the sftp server via Transmit or any other sftp client that is not associated with adobe just works.

- accessing the sftp server just stopped at some point recently.

What worked for me - for a short period of time:

- removed everything in the ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe folder.

- lost all site settings

- added one site and one sftp server

- tested and it worked nicely

- added one more site on the same host

- added the sftp server in that site again

- and poof. All sftp connection lost.

At that point, there is no way back. seems like cc just freaks out in remembering the sftp credentials and after that point there is no way back except to kill everything in the Application Support/Adobe area. Might just be the ssh key they store there. Will test that. But basically, I can kill sftp access in CC to a server that keeps working nicely with other clients, by adding the server to two separate sites.

[wording modified to eliminate expletives - Mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines