Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SFTP Problem since update on DW18

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everybody,

Since the update on DW18, my saved connections via SFTP dont work anymore. FTP still works.

Error says

An FTP error occurred - cannot make connection to host. Your login or password is incorrect

It worked before the update and it still works with Filezilla with the same settings ...

Does anybody have an idea?

Iris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Hi,

Dreamweaver 18.2 is live. It can be downloaded from creative cloud Desktop application.

It includes the SFTP connection issue fix, Please refer to release notes:

Release notes for the 2018 and 2017 releases of Dreamweaver

Thanks

Kratika Agarwal

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Iris,

There is no change has been made in DW CC 2018 with respect to SFTP/FTP behavior.

Could you please check if your credentials are intact in server details dialog?

If no, please provide username/password and then try.

Please let us know if you still face problem

~Lalita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No we checked it all out, same credentials, same server details, in fact it just didn't work after the update with no changes made ...

we figuered within the checking out that in the dw library configuration folder (/Users/ihaeuschkel/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CC 2018/de_DE) no ssh_hosts-file was created ... could this be the problem, but even with copying the same file into it, it didn't work ...

Any further idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Iris,

Please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message along with a URL to this post. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Iris,

I have the same problem. Could it be, that your Hoster has updatet webservers and brougt security level of sftp on higher level that DW does not support? In my case my hoster does it and DW schould have problem with it.

Sincerely Walter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Iris & Adobe Staff,

we have the same problem and I guess the reason is, that our german hoster domain Factory has updated their SSH-Ciphers.

RSA/DSA Keys smaller than 1024 bit are no longer supported due to security reasons. The hosters support suggests to change our software infrastructure...

Status before:

•         Ciphers 3des-cbc,blowfish-cbc,cast128-cbc,arcfour,arcfour128,arcfour256,aes128-cbc,aes192-cbc,aes256-cbc,rijndael-cbc@lysator.liu.se,aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,aes128-gcm@openssh.com,aes256-gcm@openssh.com,chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com

•         KexAlgorithms diffie-hellman-group1-sha1,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256,ecdh-sha2-nistp256,ecdh-sha2-nistp384,ecdh-sha2-nistp521,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1,curve25519-sha256@libssh.org

•         Macs hmac-sha1,hmac-sha1-96,hmac-sha2-256,hmac-sha2-512,hmac-md5,hmac-md5-96,hmac-ripemd160,hmac-ripemd160@openssh.com,umac-64@openssh.com,umac-128@openssh.com,hmac-sha1-etm@openssh.com,hmac-sha1-96-etm@openssh.com,hmac-sha2-256-etm@openssh.com,hmac-sha2-512-etm@openssh.com,hmac-md5-etm@openssh.com,hmac-md5-96-etm@openssh.com,hmac-ripemd160-etm@openssh.com,umac-64-etm@openssh.com,umac-128-etm@openssh.com

Status now:

•         Ciphers chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com,aes256-gcm@openssh.com,aes128-gcm@openssh.com,aes256-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes128-ctr

•         KexAlgorithms curve25519-sha256@libssh.org,ecdh-sha2-nistp521,ecdh-sha2-nistp384,ecdh-sha2-nistp256,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256

•         MACs hmac-sha2-512-etm@openssh.com,hmac-sha2-256-etm@openssh.com,umac-128-etm@openssh.com,hmac-sha2-512,hmac-sha2-256,umac-128@openssh.com

Carsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all those affected by this issue, please reach us through our Customer Care page.

Contact Customer Care

Our team can investigate in detail. Meanwhile, I will share this link with the product team for their observations.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if possible, can you try using Filezilla and let us know if you were able to upload your files?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works with WinSCP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

I experience the same Problem, also related to Domainfactory as provider in Germany.

Filezilla connection via SFTP works instantly with identical credentials, only Dreamweaver reports connection error and refuses to connect. Plain FTP works fine.

Regards,

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andreas,

you can use a workaround with webdav until Adobe upgrades the Open SSH Version.

Windows: Connect a new network drive (Netzlaufwerk verbinden) via https ("livedisk" URL from your domainfactory FTP account).

Dreamweaver: Select "local / network" as Connection type and specify the new drive letter under "server folder".

Carsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The FTP server hosted by domainFactory has moved to using a new set of MAC(Message Authentication Code Algorithm)  which are not compliant with Dw. The Dw team is working on adding support for additional MAC that can help support connecting with domainFactory.

Also as an interim solution, the shared sever can be connected using FTP over SSL/TLS (explicit encryption), with "Authentication: None (Encryption Only)".

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may be the case with the o p, but not with my examples. Mine is just plain SFTP using a key file. It works on other FTP clients such as filezilla or win SCP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I reinstalled Windows 10 and downloaded Adobe CC  apps and reinstalled.  I keep getting FTP error since using DW 2018.  Everything was working fine before and now no way I can put or get any of website files.  I also made a  totally new test site. FTP nor SFTP not working at all.  It says "actively refused by host.  My hosting server : 1&1 Linux  I also would like to know to upload the site with SSL  and which contains SHA2 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is OK with you, can you try uploading using Filezilla FileZilla - The free FTP solution and let us know if it worked?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry it took so long to reply.

DW UI for server definition was changed

When I put the following address in SFTP it worked: home1234567890.1and1-data.host In Filezilla instead of sftp://, I placed the same server address in “host” field, and it connects straight away. With 1&1 if you can change own personal home numbers, there won’t be any problem. I will try to connect ftp with other hosting providers I have.

Thank you

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew this post, but there is no ssh_hosts file in the corresponding Dreamweaver 2018 CC folder on Win 10 (~\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2018\de_DE\Configuration)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

ssh_hosts file is created once Dw connects to sftp server but in your case Dw18 hasn't connected even once so that file would not be created. It is actually a way to remember the connection credentials locally on your computer so that you don't have to enter the credentials again and again in DW.

Coming to the issue that you are facing, we have SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_4.6 supported in Dreamweaver which has a super set of ciphers/key exchange algorithms allowed from what you mentioned now your server supports.

For instance, I tried connecting Dw18 via SFTP  to one of my servers and the following were used in the connection-

Kex: 'diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256' Host Key: 'ssh-rsa' C2S : 'aes128-cbc, hmac-md5, none' S2C : 'aes128-cbc, hmac-md5, none'

As you can notice that client to server and server to client have these in common- aes128-cbc and hmac-md5 but if I check the list in your server details, these algorithms are not there now.

So, I am not sure but we might have to upgrade our Open SSH version in order to support connection to your server now- and that is a story we can prioritize.

In the meanwhile you could try other resolutions posted on this thread and let us know if it works.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I guess the reason is, that our german hoster domain Factory has updated their SSH-Ciphers.

RSA/DSA Keys smaller than 1024 bit are no longer supported due to security reasons. The hosters support suggests to change our software infrastructure..."

It is exactly like that. domainFACTORY wrote that Adobe needs to update the Dreamweaver CC 18.0.

For me, SFTP works with Filezilla and WebDAV with Dreamweaver on my domainFACTORY website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, we can't connect with our servers on DomainFactory. 'cause DW2018 still do not support the modern security requirements.  Annoying (and not the only problem with DW2018 ...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but the webdav connection is secure and working fine with dreamweaver cc 18.0 and domainfactory. the only handicap is the slower speed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem but my hosting server is 1&1 Linux, so if your server is Linux, use SFTP and you don't need to put sftp://.

Your hosting provider should give you server name like home12345678901and1-data.host , check out your FTP server setup page.

I also recommend retype your password.  In the past even if you import the definition file, I had to retype PW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem but exact same settings server, port, username, key file etc work in winscp, phpStorm, and putty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are happy to announce, the long awaited fix for SFTP connection issue has been addressed and is available in the latest pre-release drop. Please go the link Adobe Prerelease and install the latest build 11099.

Try connecting to SFTP server with this build. Looking forward to your feedback!

Regards,

Mahak Kudyar

Adobe Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines