• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing problem.Metadata og tags not recognized by facebook: Please help!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello musers! I´m having a very delicate problem. I shared one of my pages on facebook using this metadata:

<meta property="og:url"                content="https://www.wallstreet-peru.com/blog/en-cuanto-tiempo-se-aprende-ingles.html" />

<meta property="og:title"              content="¿En cuanto tiempo se aprende inglés?" />

<meta property="og:description"        content="Cuando nos decidimos aprender un nuevo idioma, es normal que una de las cosas que más nos preguntemos, es si el proceso de aprendizaje será rápido y con el inglés, esto no es diferente. No es un secreto que a todos nos gustaría abrir un libro y en un abrir y cerrar de ojos hablar el idioma de manera fluida." />

<meta property="og:image"              content="https://www.wallstreet-peru.com/blog/imageuploads/en-cuanto-tiempo-se-aprende-ingles.jpg" />

Everything was fine until few days ago when the picture disappeared. The page link is : https://www.wallstreet-peru.com/blog/en-cuanto-tiempo-se-aprende-ingles.html

I tried to use the facebook sharing debugger, I scraped 10 times but nothing happened.

I tried to share another page on facebook using the qooqee facebook share widget. These are the metadata og tags :

<meta property="og:title" content="Aprende inglés con una de tus leyendas favoritas : Game of Thrones" />

<meta property="og:site_name" content="Wall Street English Blog"/>

<meta property="og:description" content="“A Song of Ice and Fire” (una canción de hielo y fuego) es una serie de libros de temática fantástica escritos por el escritor americano George R.R. Martin que ya se ha transformado en un mito y que se lo compara entre los grande de la narrativa fantástica como Tolkien. Martin empezó a escribir los libros en 1991, y su primer volúmen fue recién publicado en 1996: A Game of Thrones." />

<meta property="og:url" content="https://www.wallstreet-peru.com/blog/aprende-ingles-con-una-de-tus-leyendas-favoritas-game-of-throne..." />

<meta property="og:image" content="https://www.wallstreet-peru.com/blog/imageuploads/daenaeris-snow.jpg" />

The link of the page : https://www.wallstreet-peru.com/blog/aprende-ingles-con-una-de-tus-leyendas-favoritas-game-of-throne...

Facebook does not recognize my meta tags. I used the sharing debugger, I scraped million times, but no success.

What am I doing wrong? Can you please use the sharing debugger on both links and see what´s this all about?

It´s not the first time to do this. I did hundreds of time and everything worked fine.

I´m working on a blog and I I´ve already shared some topics on facebook and now they are not rendering correctly. The pictures dissappeared in most of the posts and the last article(the one with game of thrones) doesn´t work at all. I get a lot of errors from the sharing debugger but everything is fine.

Please help! It is very important as we already shared some topics and people will see them without pics. And we cannot share our new ones.

Thank you very much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

This is not really a Dreamweaver problem. 

This is what I'm seeing at your URL.

screensave

But when I attempt to run it through W3C Validation service, I get this error message.

Validation Results - W3C Markup Validator

Sorry! This document cannot be checked.

1. ErrorI got the following unexpected response when trying to retrieve <https://www.wallstreet-peru.com/blog/en-cuanto-tiempo-se-aprende-ingles.html>: 

500 Can't connect to www.wallstreet-peru.com:443 (certificate verify failed)

If you made recent changes to y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that after debugging it shows me this :

• Inferred PropertyThe 'og:image' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.

• Missing PropertiesThe following required properties are missing: og:url, og:type, og:title, og:image, og:description, fb:app_id , but all the information is correct as you can see the meta tags.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not really a Dreamweaver problem. 

This is what I'm seeing at your URL.

screensave

But when I attempt to run it through W3C Validation service, I get this error message.

Validation Results - W3C Markup Validator

Sorry! This document cannot be checked.

1. ErrorI got the following unexpected response when trying to retrieve <https://www.wallstreet-peru.com/blog/en-cuanto-tiempo-se-aprende-ingles.html>: 

500 Can't connect to www.wallstreet-peru.com:443 (certificate verify failed)

If you made recent changes to your domain name (DNS) configuration, you may also want to check that your domain records are correct, or ask your hosting company to do so.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again! What does this really mean? And how can it be fixed?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact your web hosting provider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your advice. I will contact them ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted them and right now everything is working fine. Thanks Nancy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it sorted .

Did your host explain what the problem was?  It might help other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They told me they´ve added some extra certificates to the server configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines